|Comune di Monteu Roero|
|• Mayor||Michele Sandri|
|• Total||24.45 km2 (9.44 sq mi)|
|Elevation||395 m (1,296 ft)|
(31 December 2010)
|• Density||68/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
In ancient times the site was known as Monte Acuto ("Sharp Mount"). In 1041 emperor Henry III gave it to the bishops of Asti, who, a century later, ceded it to the count Guy of Biandrate, who had the first castle built here. The latter's family held the castle for three centuries until 1299 when, defeated by Asti's troops, they sold it to the Roero (or Rotari) family. The current castle was built by new feudataries in the 15th century on the former one's ruin.
The castle passed to the house of Savoy in 1784.
- The castle, including 14th centuries capitals in the armory and 17th-century frescoes and decorations.
- Church of San Bernardino, enlarged in Baroque times.
- Guido Bodrato (born 1933), politician
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- ISTAT (2007), Totale della Popolazione residente al 1 Gennaio 2007 per sesso e stato civile :: Provincia: Cuneo, Istituto Nazionale di Statistica
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monteu Roero.|