Montenegro in the Eurovision Song Contest 2008
|Eurovision Song Contest 2008|
|Selection process||Artist: MontenegroSong|
Song: Internal Selection
|Selection date(s)||Artist: 27 January 2008|
Song: 8 March 2008
|Selected entrant||Stefan Filipović|
|Selected song||"Zauvijek volim te"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (14th, 23 points)|
|Montenegro in the Eurovision Song Contest|
MontenegroSong 2008 was the national final organised by RTCG to select Montenegro's entrant for the Eurovision Song Contest 2008. Six candidates competed in the televised final on 27 January 2008, which was held at the Shass Disco in Podgorica and hosted by Dražen Bauković and Marija Vujović. The show was televised on TVCG 1 as well as broadcast online via the broadcaster's website rtcg.org.
Six artists: Andrea Demirović, Grim, Jelena Kažanegra, Nenad Knežević Knez, Stefan Filipović and Vesna Milačić Kaja, were invited by RTCG for the national final. The invited artists were announced on 13 January 2008.
The final took place on 27 January 2008. The six competing artists performed cover versions of popular songs or original songs and Stefan Filipović was selected as the winner entirely public SMS voting. The public SMS vote in the final registered 6,355 votes.
|Final – 27 January 2008|
|Draw||Artist||Song (Original artists)||Televote||Place|
|1||Andrea Demirović||"I Will Always Love You" (Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston)||1,300||2|
|2||Grim||"The Power of Love" (Frankie Goes to Hollywood)||345||5|
|3||Jelena Kažanegra||"The Best" (Bonnie Tyler/Tina Turner)||377||4|
|4||Nenad Knežević Knez||"Balerina" (Makadam)||667||3|
|5||Vesna Milačić Kaja||"Here I Go Again" (Whitesnake)||341||6|
|6||Stefan Filipović||"Za nju" (Original song)||3,325||1|
The Montenegrin song, "Zauvijek volim te", was presented during a television special on 8 March 2008. The show was televised on TVCG 2 as well as broadcast online via the broadcaster's website rtcg.org. "Zauvijek volim te" was written by Grigor Koprov, Ognen Nedelkovski and Vladimir Dojčinovski who had previously composed the Macedonian song in 2007. The selection of the song was decided by a thirty-member selection jury from five songs received from songwriters invited by RTCG. An English version of the song, "Never Forget That I Love You", was also recorded.
Montenegro competed at the first semi-final of Eurovision Song Contest 2008 on 20 May 2008, in Belgrade. However the entry failed to achieve enough votes in order to qualify for the final of the contest, finishing 14th.
Points awarded to MontenegroEdit
|12 points||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|1 point||San Marino|
Points awarded by MontenegroEdit
- Floras, Stella (27 January 2008). "Live: Montenegro selects singer tonight". Esctoday. Retrieved 29 January 2021.
- Floras, Stella (13 January 2008). "Montenegrosong finalists announced". Esctoday.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 27 May 2009. Retrieved 25 December 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Murray, Gavin (8 March 2008). "Tonight: Montenegro song presentation". Esctoday.
- "First Semi-Final of Belgrade 2008". European Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 23 April 2021. Retrieved 23 April 2021.
- "Results of the First Semi-Final of Belgrade 2008". European Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 24 April 2021. Retrieved 24 April 2021.
- "Results of the Grand Final of Belgrade 2008". European Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 24 April 2021. Retrieved 24 April 2021.