Monroe Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Monroe Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
Grant Birthplace at Point Pleasant
Location of Monroe Township in Clermont County
|• Total||31.7 sq mi (82.1 km2)|
|• Land||31.4 sq mi (81.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||879 ft (268 m)|
|• Density||249/sq mi (96.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085867|
Located in the southwestern part of the county along the Ohio River, it borders the following townships:
- Batavia Township - north
- Tate Township - east
- Washington Township - south
- Ohio Township - west
- Pierce Township - northwest
Campbell County, Kentucky lies across the Ohio River to the southwest.
Name and historyEdit
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- Eliza Archard Conner (1838-1912), journalist, lecturer, and feminist
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Monroe township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.