Monique Limón (born October 30, 1977) is an American politician currently serving in the California State Assembly. She is a Democrat representing the 37th Assembly District, encompassing over half of the County of Santa Barbara, as well as nearly a quarter of the County of Ventura.
|Member of the California State Assembly|
from the 37th district
|Assumed office |
December 5, 2016
|Preceded by||Das Williams|
|Born||October 30, 1979|
Santa Barbara, California
|Residence||Santa Barbara, California|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley (BA)|
Columbia University (MA)
Monique earned a Bachelor’s Degree from UC Berkeley and a Master’s degree from Columbia University. She served six years on the Santa Barbara Unified School District Board of Education. Additionally she served in the capacity of Assistant Director for the McNair Scholars Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara prior to serving in the Assembly.
She is a former Commissioner on the Santa Barbara County Commission for Women.
- 2010-2016: Santa Barbara Unified School Board Trustee
- 2017-2018: Elected to the Assembly; Named Assistant Majority Whip by Speaker Anthony Rendon
- 2018-2019: Named Chair of the Assembly Banking and Finance Committee
- 2019-Natural Disaster Response, Recovery, and Rebuilding- Chair
- 2019-Nonprofit Sector- Chair
- 2019-Present: Re-Elected to the Assembly; Named Chair of the Assembly Banking and Finance Committee & Vice Chair of the California Legislative Women’s Caucus.
2018 California State AssemblyEdit
|California's 37th State Assembly district election, 2018|
|Democratic||Monique Limón (incumbent)||69,382||84.3|
|Democratic||David L. Norrdin||7,487||9.1|
|Democratic||Monique Limón (incumbent)||129,535||80.4|
|Democratic||David L. Norrdin||31,522||19.6|
2016 California State AssemblyEdit
|California's 37th State Assembly district election, 2016|
|No party preference||Edward Fuller||43,420||34.1|
|No party preference||Edward Fuller||71,944||35.9|