Molly Peters (15 March 1942 – 30 May 2017) was an English actress best known for her role in the James Bond film Thunderball.
Vivien Mollie Rudderham
15 March 1942
|Died||30 May 2017(aged 75)|
|Known for||As Patricia Fearing in Thunderball (1965)|
Mollie Peters started out as a model and was discovered by film director Terence Young.
She appeared in several films during the 1960s. Her best-known appearance was the role of Bond girl, Patricia Fearing or Pat, a nurse who takes care of James Bond (Sean Connery) while he is on holiday at her health clinic in Thunderball (1965). Peters was the first Bond girl to be seen taking her clothes off on screen in the Bond series.
According to the special edition DVD of Thunderball, Peters' short film career was the result of a disagreement between her and her agent, the specifics of which were not revealed. According to Peters, her agent at the time of Thunderball held her to her contract agreement of representation due to the mega-successful box-office hit of the fourth James Bond film in 1965. Not until many years later, when the fame, the glamour and the chaos had faded from the release of Thunderball, her contractual agreement had ended and so had any modelling and/or film prospects.
When she was young, she gave birth to a daughter, whom she gave up for adoption. Peters later married and lived with her husband in Ipswich, Suffolk. She and her husband had a son, who has since died. In 2011, Peters suffered a mild stroke.
- Peter Studies Form (1964) (as Mollie Peters)
- Thunderball (1965) as Patricia Fearing
- Target for Killing (aka Das Geheimnis der gelben Mönche) (1966) as Vera
- Das Experiment (1966, TV Movie) as Junges Mädchen
- The Naked World of Harrison Marks (1967) as Herself
- Don't Raise the Bridge, Lower the River (1968) as Heath's Secretary (final film role)
- Armchair Theatre (1 episode, 1967) as Waitress
- Baker's Half-Dozen (1967, TV series, unknown episodes) as The Girl
- ""Bond Girls" through the years". cbsnews.com. CBS Interactive Inc. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Patricia Fearing (Molly Peters)". jamesbondmm.co.uk. James Bond MM. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Molly Peters, the first ever Bond girl to strip on screen, has died at the age of 75". Metro. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "MAG – PLAYBOY". 007collector.com. 007collector.com. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- O'Connor, Rory (30 May 2017). "Molly Peters dead: Sean Connery's Bond girl dies aged 78". Daily Express. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- "Bond girl Molly Peters dies aged 78". Williston Herald. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2017.[permanent dead link]