Mohammad Modabber (journalist)
Mohammad Modabber (6 October 1908 – 21 April 1984) was a Bangladeshi journalist. He was awarded Bangla Academy Literary Award in 1965 and Ekushey Padak in 1979 by the Government of Bangladesh for his contribution to journalism.
|Died||21 April 1984(aged 75)|
|Other names||Baghban Bhai|
Modabber pursued his journalistic career from 1924 to 1945. He served as the news editor of the daily newspaper The Azad in the 1940s. Modabber led the "Mukul Child Movement" with a view to ensuring the rights of children and juveniles. He was an anti-British movement leader and was arrested several times because of his involvement in the movement.
- আজ সাংবাদিক মোহাম্মদ মোদাব্বেরের ২৯তম মৃত্যুবার্ষিকী. The Daily Ittefaq (in Bengali). 21 April 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "Tributes paid to Modabber". The Daily Star. 26 October 2008. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- পুরস্কারপ্রাপ্তদের তালিকা [Winners list]. Bangla Academy (in Bengali). Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- একুশে পদকপ্রাপ্ত সুধীবৃন্দ [Ekushey Padak winners list]. Ministry of Cultural Affairs (in Bengali). Retrieved 23 August 2017.
- Islam, Sirajul (2012). "Azad, The". In Islam, Sirajul; Islam, Manu (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.