Mohammad-Reza Rahchamani (Persian: محمدرضا راهچمنی; 1 December 1952 – 9 March 2020) was an Iranian physician and reformist politician. From 1984 to 2000, he represented Sabzevar in the Iranian Parliament. During the early 2000s, he headed Iran's State Welfare Organization.
Rahchamani in 2018
|Head of State Welfare Organization|
20 September 2001 – 5 September 2005
|Preceded by||Gholamreza Ansari|
|Succeeded by||Abulhassan Faghih|
|Member of the Parliament|
28 May 1984 – 28 May 2000
|Born||1 December 1952|
|Died||9 March 2020 (aged 67)|
|Cause of death||COVID-19|
|Political party||Islamic Association of Iranian Medical Society|
Islamic Iran Solidarity Party
|Alma mater||Ferdowsi University of Mashhad|
Early life and educationEdit
A founding member of the Islamic Iran Solidarity Party, from 1998 to 2002 he was the party's secretary-general and in 2006 became chairman of the central council. He was also a founding member of the Islamic Association of Iranian Medical Society.
In 2020, as the secretary-general of the National Unity and Cooperation Party, he defied the decision of mainstream reformists for not taking part in the 2020 Iranian legislative election, by announcing a coalition of twelve reformist parties.
- Boroujerdi, Mehrzad; Rahimkhani, Kourosh (2018). Postrevolutionary Iran: A Political Handbook. Syracuse University Press. p. 682. ISBN 9780815654322.
- Dareini, Ali Akbar (11 July 2003), "Twins Return in Separate Coffins to Iran", The Associated Press, retrieved 14 February 2020
- "Rah-Chamani elected Solidarity Party Central Council chairman", Tehran Times, 8 October 2006, retrieved 14 February 2020
- "List of Legally Registerred Parties in Iran". Khorasan Newspaper. Pars Times. 30 July 2000. p. 4. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "With Most Reformists Barred, Iran's Parliamentary Elections Offer Little Choice", RFE/RL, 8 February 2020, retrieved 14 February 2020
- "Former Iranian MP dies of coronavirus". Tehran Times. 9 March 2020. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
| Head of State Welfare Organization
|Party political offices|
| Secretary-General of Islamic Iran Solidarity Party
| Secretary-General of National Unity and Cooperation Party of Islamic Iran