This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Modiphius Entertainment is an RPG and tabletop game publishers based in Fulham, London. Modiphius was founded in 2012 by husband-wife team Rita and Chris Birch to publish their first game Achtung! Cthulhu. The company have since published a number of product lines based on independent licenses and established brands.
|Footnotes / references|
In 2013 the company raised £177,000 through Kickstarter to create Achtung! Cthulhu, a tabletop RPG set in the Second World War inspired by the work of H.P. Lovecraft. The game was well-received in the RPG community, and won several awards, including Best Roleplaying Game at the 2014 UK Games Expo. In 2018 a videogame based on the franchise - called Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics - was released by Auroch Digital.
In 2013 Modiphius released the 3rd edition of popular post-apocalpytic RPG Mutant Chronicles.
The company have released a number of games based on popular videogame and pop culture franchises:
- In 2014 the company released Thunderbirds, a co-operative board game designed by Matt Leacock based on the popular British children's TV show Thunderbirds.
- In 2015, the company announced a licensing deal for Robert E. Howard's Conan the Barbarian property, with the publication of a roleplaying game, Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of, and an ongoing line of supplements in that setting taking place beginning in February 2016.
- In 2017 the company released their first edition of Star Trek Adventures, an RPG series based on the television series Star Trek.
- Also in 2017 the company acquired the license for Bethesda property Fallout and in 2018 released Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, a tabletop wargame featuring characters and settings from the videogame series. The company announced in 2019 that they would be working on an RPG expansion to Fallout:Wasteland Warfare to be released in the same year.
- In 2018 the company announced they would be working with Dreamworks Studios to produce a board game based on the children's films Kung Fu Panda.
- In the same year, they also announced a John Carter of Mars roleplaying game and line of supporting material, based on the early-1900s pulp science fantasy series of the same name by Edgar Rice Burroughs. The John Carter RPG began shipping in early 2019.
- In 2019 the company released a promotional miniature of the Dragonborn from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, announcing that they were working on a skirmish level wargame based on the franchise.
- "Companies House Profile". Retrieved 18 July 2020.
- "ABOUT". Modiphius. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "Achtung! Cthulhu - The WW2 Keeper's & Investigator's Guides". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "ACHTUNG! CTHULHU". Modiphius. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "THUNDERBIRDS". Modiphius. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "Modiphius Brings Robert E. Howard's Conan To Tabletop RPGs". VR World. 2015-02-11. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "STAR TREK". Modiphius. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "FALLOUT". Modiphius. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "KUNG FU PANDA". Modiphius. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "JOHN CARTER". Modiphius. Retrieved 2019-07-14.