Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974
Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974 or National Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards Act is a United States federal law establishing design and development safety standards for manufactured housing or prefabricated homes. The codified law authorized stipulations whereas any proposed safety standard shall be equitable for a particular type of mobile home with consideration of additional cost liabilities for the future homeownership. The Act of Congress endorsed violative civil penalties and judicial review of Federal mobile home construction and safety standards developed by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. The Act mandated the establishment of the National Mobile Home Advisory Council and National Mobile Home Administration.
|Other short titles||Housing and Community Development Act of 1974|
|Long title||An Act to provide for the establishment of construction and safety standards for mobile homes, and for other purposes.|
|Acronyms (colloquial)||MHCSSA, NMHCSSA|
|Nicknames||National Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards Act|
|Enacted by||the 93rd United States Congress|
|Effective||August 22, 1974|
|Statutes at Large||88 Stat. 633-2 aka 88 Stat. 700|
|Titles amended||42 U.S.C.: Public Health and Social Welfare|
|U.S.C. sections created||42 U.S.C. ch. 70 § 5401 et seq.|
The S. 2538 legislation appended the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 on February 27, 1974. The Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 was a significant congressional amendment to the Housing Act of 1937. The United States housing authorization bill was passed by the United States 93rd Congressional session and enacted into law by the 38th President of the United States Gerald Ford on August 22, 1974.
Amendments to 1974 ActEdit
Congressional amendments to the Mobile Home Construction and Safety Standards Act.
|Date of Enactment||Public Law Number||U.S. Statute Citation||U.S. Legislative Bill||U.S. Presidential Administration|
|October 8, 1980||P.L. 96-399||94 Stat. 1614||S. 2719||Jimmy E. Carter|
|December 27, 2000||P.L. 106-569||114 Stat. 2944||H.R. 5640||William J. Clinton|
- Personick, Martin E.; Daley, Judy R. (July 1989). "Profiles in Safety and Health: Work Hazards of Mobile Homes" (PDF). Monthly Labor Review. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Olsen, John G. (May 1997). "Productivity Trends in the Mobile Homes Industry" (PDF). Monthly Labor Review. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- "40 Years Ago: Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act Passed". NLIHC Resource Library. National Low Income Housing Coalition. June 27, 2014.
- "Manufactured Home Builder Histories". Mobile Home Manufacturers. MobileHome.net.
- "Manufactured Housing and Standards". Manufactured Housing Programs. United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.