Miyun Reservoir ("Miyun" means "Dense Clouds", Chinese: 密云水库) is a large-scale reservoir in the People's Republic of China, located 16 kilometers north of the Miyun District in Beijing, straddling the Chaohe River (潮河) and Baihe River (白河). There are two major rivers flowing into the reservoir, namely the Bai River and the Chao River. The reservoir was formally completed on September 1, 1960. 
|Location||Miyun District, Beijing|
|Built||September 1, 1960|
Miyun Reservoir is the largest comprehensive water conservancy project in North China.  The reservoir covers an area of 180 square kilometers, with a reservoir capacity of 4 billion cubic meters and an average depth of 30 meters, making it the largest and only source of drinking-water supply for Beijing, serving over 11 million people.
Miyun Reservoir was designed by the Department of Water Resources of Tsinghua University, with the participation of a large number of migrant workers from Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei, and the Engineering Bureau of the Ministry of Water Resources and Electric Power. 
- Cecilia Tortajada; Dogan Altinbilek; Asit K. Biswas (10 January 2012). Impacts of Large Dams: A Global Assessment. Springer Science & Business Media. pp. 242–. ISBN 978-3-642-23571-9.
- Dongping YANG (1 March 2013). Chinese Research Perspectives on the Environment, Volume 1: Urban Challenges, Public Participation, and Natural Disasters. Brill Publishers. pp. 415–. ISBN 978-90-04-24954-7.
- "Urban New Fashion-Forest Bath". Guangming Daily. 2001-04-25.
- "Report on the 60th anniversary of Miyun Reservoir". Beijing Daily. September 1, 2020.
- "国家相册第三季第28集《饮水思源头》" (in Chinese). Xinhua News Agency. 2020-11-13. Archived from the original on 2020-11-16.
- "New fence guards Miyun Reservoir". China Daily. 2018-05-04.
- "Miyun Reservoir is full of farmhouses". People's Daily. Jul 30, 2014.
- "Miyun Reservoir and other water source reserves to be redesignated". The Beijing News. 2018-12-21.
- "Beijing's largest reservoir supplies water to dried-up river". Xinhuanet.com. 2019-06-01.
- "A framework for determining the maximum allowable external load that will meet a guarantee probability of achieving water quality targets". ScienceDirect. 15 September 2020.
- Ling Qin; Hongwen Huang (2009). Proceedings of the IVth International Chestnut Symposium: Beijing, China, September 25–28, 2008. International Society for Horticultural Science. ISBN 978-90-6605-672-5.
- "Premier Zhou and the construction of Miyun Reservoir". People's Daily. Mar 12, 2019.
- Jingjing Yan (27 August 2014). Comprehensive Evaluation of Effective Biomass Resource Utilization and Optimal Environmental Policies. Springer. pp. 23–. ISBN 978-3-662-44454-2.
- Lawrence R. Sullivan; Nancy Y. Liu-Sullivan (19 March 2015). Historical Dictionary of Science and Technology in Modern China. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. pp. 487–. ISBN 978-0-8108-7855-6.
- "Mao Zedong and Tsinghua University: An Unbreakable Bond". People's Daily. Dec 26, 2008.
- China Today. China Welfare Institute. 2003.
- "A collection of cool summer reservoirs around Beijing". Sohu. 2007-05-25.