Miss Rhode Island USA
Historically, Rhode Island has been comparatively unsuccessful at Miss USA where made its first placement in 1961 and has been one of the most consistent states since 2000, with four semi-finalist placements and one first runner-up placement. On June 3, 2012, Olivia Culpo won the first Miss USA title from the state of Rhode Island. On December 19, 2012, Culpo became the first Rhode Islander to win the title of Miss Universe. She also became the first Triple Crown winner in the history of Miss Rhode Island USA.
Jonét Nichelle of Providence was crowned Miss Rhode Island USA 2020 on October 6, 2019 at Park Theater in Rhode Island Theater of the Performing Arts in Cranston. She will represent Rhode Island for the title of Miss USA 2020 on the spring of 2020.
Gallery of titleholdersEdit
- Winner: Olivia Culpo (2012) (Miss Universe 2012)
- 1st runners-up: Danielle Lacourse (2007)
- 2nd runners-up: Gayle White (1973), Anea Garcia (2015)
- Top 10/11/12: Jennifer Aubin (1995), Claudia Jordan (1997), Yanaiza Alvarez (2001), Janet Sutton (2002), Leeann Tingley (2006)
- Top 15: Joan Zeller (1961), Amy Diaz (2008)
Rhode Island holds a record of 11 placements at Miss USA.
- Miss Congeniality: Christina Palavra (2014)
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
1 Age at the time of the Miss Rhode Island USA pageant