Mishui Town (Chinese: 洣水镇; pinyin: Mǐshuǐ Zhèn) is a town and the seat of Hengdong County in Hunan, China. The town has an area of 131.8 km2 (50.9 sq mi) with a household population of 150,000 (as of 2017). The town of Mishui has 20 villages and 8 communities under its jurisdiction, its seat is Yinbin Community (Chinese: 迎宾社区).
|Divisions||20 villages and 8 communities|
|• Total||52 km2 (20 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,900/km2 (7,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Languages||Standard Chinese and Hengzhou dialect|
Chengguan Town (Chinese: 城关镇) was reorganized in 1984 from the former Chenguan Commune formed in 1966, it is the southwestern part of the present Mishui Town. The town had an area of 30.9 km2 (11.9 sq mi) with a population of 55,556 (as of 2010 census), it was divided into 6 communities of Binjiang (滨江), Dutou (渡头), Jiantou (枧头), Xingdong (兴东), Yangshan (杨山) and Yingbin (迎宾), and 9 villages of Dadian (大甸), Dutouping (渡头坪), Jin'e (金鹅), Jinhua (金花), Jinyan (金堰), Queqiao (鹤桥), Xinhe (新鹤), Yuetang (月塘) and Yuexiao (岳宵).
Tazhuang Township (Chinese: 踏庄乡) was formed in 1956 and it is the southeastern part of the present Mishui Town. It had an area of 44 km2 (17 sq mi) with a population of 13,959 (as of 2010 census), it was divided into 16 villages of Datang (大塘村), Datuo (大托村), Fenglin (丰林村), Fenglong (丰垅村), Huayuan (花园村), Jingming (荆茗村), Langshan (朗山村), Minggang (茗岗村), Mulin (木林村), Shanglang (上朗村), Tazhuang (踏庄村), Tongxiao (桐宵村), Xiannan (仙南村), Zhengping (正坪村), Zhonglang (中朗村) and Zhongsen (中森村).
Zhenzhu Township (Chinese: 珍珠乡) was a part of Bailian Township in 1950 and formed in 1956, it is the northern part of the present Mishui Town. The township had an area of 57 km2 (22 sq mi) with a population of 16,906 (as of 2010 census), it was divided into 18 villages of Beichong (北冲村) Dajiang (大江村), Danantang (大南塘村), Dawu (大乌村), Futong (富塘村), Huangzitang (黄梓堂村), Lingyan (岭岩村), Shanchong (山冲村), Shijiang (石江村), Shitou (石头村), Shuangfeng (双凤村), Tongsheng (同升村), Xiaojiang (小江村), Xiaoshan (小山村), Xiaowu (小乌村), Xinkai (新开村), Yinxiang (印湘村) and Zhenzhu (珍珠村).
The town of Mishui is located in the northern middle part of Hengdong County. It is bordered by towns of Bailian and Yangqiao to the northeast, Ganxi Town to the southeast, Wuji Town to the south and southwest, Xintang Town to the northwest, Shiwan Town to the north. It covers an area of 131.8 km2 (50.9 sq mi).
- 8 communities
- Binjiang Community (Chinese: 滨江社区)
- Jiaxing Community (Chinese: 嘉兴社区)
- Jinyan Community (Chinese: 金堰社区)
- Mijiang Community (Chinese: 洣江社区)
- Xingdong Community (Chinese: 兴东社区)
- Yangshan Community (Chinese: 杨山社区)
- Yanwan Community (Chinese: 堰湾社区)
- Yingbin community (Chinese: 迎宾社区)
- 20 villages
- Beichong Village (Chinese: 北冲村)
- Caixia Village (Chinese: 采霞村)
- Dadian Village (Chinese: 大甸村)
- Dashan Village (Chinese: 大山村)
- Datang Village (Chinese: 大塘村)
- Datuo Village (Chinese: 大托村)
- Daxing Village (Chinese: 大兴村)
- Hexiang Village (Chinese: 鹤祥村)
- Jin'e Village (Chinese: 金峨村)
- Jingming Village (Chinese: 荆茗村)
- Jinhua Village (Chinese: 金花村)
- Langshan Village (Chinese: 朗山村)
- Nantang Village (Chinese: 南塘村)
- Shijiang Village (Chinese: 石江村)
- Tazhuang Village (Chinese: 踏庄村)
- Xianlin Village (Chinese: 仙林村)
- Xiannan Village (Chinese: 仙楠村)
- Yuexiao Village (Chinese: 岳霄村)
- Zhenzhu Village (Chinese: 珍珠村)
- Zhuangyuan Village (Chinese: 状元村)
- Wang Guangze (Chinese: 王光泽; 1903 – 1934), the Divisional Commander (师长) of Red Army Qiandong Independent Division (黔东独立师) and one of Revolutionary Martyrs. Wang was arrested by the enemy on November 28, 1934 in Xiushan County, Sichuan (modern Chongqing). Chiang Kai-shek ordered Liu Xiang to execute him and Wang was secretly killed in Youyang County on December 21, 1934 when Wang was at his age of 31 years old. Since 1949, the government of Youyang County has been searching for his remains. In April 1982, his remains were found in Yanjiapo (邬家坡), two kilometers from the seat of Longtan Town (龙潭镇). The iron shovel was still on the cheekbones of the martyr, and its appearance was appalling. In November 1983, the government of Youyang County buried Wang's remains in the Martyrs’ Cemetery of Longtan Town to build a monument to commemorate forever.
- Mishui Town Overview (2017) / 洣水镇概况 (2017) see hengdong.gov (2017-11-19)
- the divisions and population in 2015, According to the Official Reply of Hunan Provincial Civil Affairs Department on Approving Township-level Division Adjustment Programmes of Hengdong County (on November 18, 2015) / 湖南省民政厅关于同意衡东县乡镇区划调整方案的批复 （湘民行发〔2015〕32号）, see rednet.cn (2015-12-04)
- the census population in 2010, according to the Hengdong County History / 衡东县历史沿革 xzqh.org (2016-01-12)
- the history of Mishui Town, according to the Dictionary of Chinese Administrative Divisions (中国行政区划大典) published by the People's Publishing House of Zhejiang (浙江人民出版社) ISBN 7-213-01789-6
- according to the Code of Administrative Divisions of Hunan Province (2016) / 2016年湖南省行政区划代码 see hntj.gov (Chinese / 中文)
- bytravel.cn or 360doc.com; also see the People from Hunan In 20th century / 二十世纪湖南人物 published by the People's Publishing House of Hunan (湖南人民出版社) October 2001, ISBN 9787543827752