This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Miryalaguda is a city in Nalgonda district of the Indian state of Telangana. Government of India announced Miryalaguda to be developed under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme. Miryalaguda received an award for Urban reforms in AMRUT Scheme from Government of india.It is located about 44 kilometres (27 mi) from the district headquarters Nalgonda, 142 kilometres (88 mi) from the state capital Hyderabad
|• Body||Miryalaguda Municipality|
|• MLA||N Bhaskar Rao|
|• Total||28.36 km2 (10.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,100/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Sex ratio||1000:995 ♂/♀|
Miryalaguda is located at  It has an average elevation of 105 metres (344 ft)..
As of 2011[update] census, Miryalaguda had a population of 104918. The total population constitute, 57,565 males and 55,353 females. a sex ratio of 995 females per 1000 males. 10,435 children are in the age group of 0–6 years. The average literacy rate stands at 82.09% with 76,501 literates, significantly higher than the district average of 64.20%.
Telugu is the language spoken by the majority in Miryalaguda.
TSRTC operates buses from Miryalaguda to various destinations like Hyderabad, Suryapet, Vijayawada, Khammam, Nalgonda, Kodad, Guntur, Piduguralla, Warangal, Janpahad, Neredcherla, Mattampally, Devarakonda, Mellachervu, Huzurnagar, Bhongir, Yadagirigutta, Bhadrachalam, Haliya and Nagarjuna Sagar.
The railway station is situated on the Nadikudi-Pagidipalli section in Guntur Division. The rail was an unelectrified, single line. State highway 2 passes through Miryalaguda. It was electrified in 2018-19. Pagidipalli-Nadikudi was electrified in 2019. The electric trains started service on 1st September 2019.
- Miryalaguda (Assembly constituency)
- List of cities in Telangana by area
- List of cities in Telangana by population
- List of Smart and Amrut Cities in Telangana
- "Cities, Towns and Outgrowth Wards". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Official Site of Miryalaguda Municipality". miryalagudamunicipality.in. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "District Census Handbook - Nalgonda" (PDF). Census of India. p. 13. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "AP identifies 31, Telangana 15 cities under AMRUT scheme". Eenadu English Portal.
- "8 SKOCH awards for Municipal Administration dept". The Hindu English Portal.
- "redirect to /world/IN/02/Mirialguda.html".