The Mirra chair is a Herman Miller product designed in 2003 by Studio 7.5 in Berlin, Germany. According to the manufacturer the chair is made from 42% of recycled materials, and at the end of its useful life it is 96% recyclable by weight. The ergonomics of this chair are improved thanks to the nine available adjustments: seat height, seat depth, tilt tension, tilt limiter, forward tilt, arm height, arm width, arm angle, and lumbar tension.
Mirra holds an Ergonomics Excellence Award (2004) by the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA), a silver Industrial Design Excellence Award (2004) by the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA). and a silver Cradle to Cradle certification by Business Week magazine, among other awards.
- "Mirra chair on the Herman Miller UK website". Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "Mirra chair adjustments". Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "FIRA Ergonomics Excellence Award Holders". Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "IDSA 2004 Industrial Design Excellence awards". Archived from the original on 2012-11-24. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
- "Cradle to Cradle design award - Business Week". Retrieved 2013-02-01.