Miroslav Raičević (Serbian Cyrillic: Мирослав Раичевић; born July 13, 1981) is a Serbian professional basketball coach and former player. He also holds Greek citizenship, under the name of Miroslav Marinos-Raitsevits. He played as both a power forward and center.
|Born||July 13, 1981|
Vrbas, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Nationality||Serbian / Greek|
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|NBA draft||2003 / Undrafted|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|2015–2019||Iraklis Thessaloniki (assistant)|
|Career highlights and awards|
In 2003, he won the FIBA Europe Cup championship with Aris, and he scored the final decisive shot in the very last seconds of the final game against Prokom Trefl Sopot. He also won the Greek Cup with Aris, in the year 2004.
In the 2006–07 season, he played with the Russian Super League club Dynamo Moscow. During summer of 2007, he left Dynamo Moscow and joined the Italian League club Eldo Napoli. He then left Napoli and moved back to Red Star, in November 2007.
After not playing professional basketball for 5 years, and having already started a career in coaching, Raičević resurrected his playing career, as he signed with the Greek A2 team Iraklis, as a player-coach. He made his debut for Iraklis in an away win against Doukas.
National team careerEdit
- Euroleague.net Panionios signs Raičević.
- Miroslav Raičević došao kod Karadžića u Rusiju Archived 2014-01-18 at the Wayback Machine (in Serbian)
- Райчевич покинул «Енисей» (in Russian)
- "Το παρασκήνιο του "colpo grosso" με τον Μίρο" (in Greek). Bluearena.gr. September 14, 2016. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- Lefakis, Dimitris (29 October 2016). Πάτησε… παρκέ ο Ραΐσεβιτς (in Greek). Bluearena.gr. Retrieved 29 October 2016.