Mireia Lalaguna Royo (born 21 November 1992) is a Spanish model, actress and beauty queen who was crowned Miss World 2015. She was previously crowned Miss World Spain 2015, becoming the first woman from Spain to win Miss World.
Mireia Lalaguna Royo
21 November 1992
|Education||University of Barcelona|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9+1⁄2 in)|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Title||Miss Atlántico Internacional 2014|
Miss World Spain 2015
Miss World 2015
|Miss World Spain 2015|
Miss World 2015
Early life and educationEdit
Lalaguna was born in Barcelona on 21 November 1992. She obtained her bachelor's degree in pharmacy at the University of Barcelona in Spain. Lalaguna is fluent in Catalan, Spanish, French, and English.
Lalaguna ventured into pageantry in 2014. She represented Spain at the Miss Atlántico Internacional 2014 pageant, where she was eventually declared as the winner, being crowned by outgoing titleholder Lorena Romaso.
Miss World SpainEdit
Lalaguna competed at the third edition of Miss World Spain on 24 October 2015 in Málaga, representing Barcelona. At the end of the event, she was crowned as Miss World Spain 2015 by her predecessor Lourdes Rodríguez of Castilla-La Mancha. She also won the Miss Luxury special award at the event.
Miss World 2015Edit
Lalaguna represented Spain at Miss World 2015 pageant on 19 December 2015, held in Sanya, China. After advancing to the top five, she answered the question "Why do you think you should win Miss World 2015?" with the following answer:
I think I should be the next Miss World because I believe in strong women. Also, I always try to give my best. I believe in Beauty with a Purpose and I can continue its legacy. I want to show the world how to love and share, give the best of ourselves and show everyone how to find happiness in helping each other.
She was afterwards crowned Miss World 2015 by outgoing titleholder Rolene Strauss. This was the first time that Spain had won the Miss Worldtitle since the pageant's inception in 1951. This was only the second major international pageant Spain had won, the other being when Amparo Muñoz won Miss Universe 1974.
- Wellman, Alex (19 December 2015). "Miss World 2015: Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo crowned winner of competition". Mirror UK.
- "Meet the Pharmacist Mireia Lalaguna Who Beat 113 Beauties To Be Crowned Miss World 2015". Ghafia. 21 December 2015.
- "Spain's Mireia Lalaguna Royo crowned Miss World 2015 in China". Deccan Chronicle. 20 December 2015.
- "Independent acadamia - Mireia Lalaguna Royo". Retrieved 23 November 2020.
- Mendelson, Will (19 December 2015). "Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo Is Crowned Miss World 2015". US Magazine.
- "Miss World Spain 2015 Contestants" (in French). Retrieved 2020-03-25.
- "Miss World 2015 is Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Riyo". The Indian Express. 20 December 2015. Retrieved 23 November 2020.
- "Mireia Lalaguna se alza con la corona de Miss World Spain 2015". ABC News (in Spanish). 26 October 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- "Spain wins first ever Miss World title". El Pais. 20 December 2015.
- "Miss World 2015 - Top 5 Judges Questions: Spain". 7 January 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2020.
- "Mireia Lalaguna Royo, miss World 2015 and her presence on Instagram". insta4likes.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "Miss World 2015: Spain wins and England doesn't make the Top 20". Telegraph.co.uk. 19 December 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Lauren Weigle. "Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo Wins Miss World 2015". Heavy.com. Retrieved 19 December 2015.