A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sarwar during trailer launch of Shadi Ke Patashye
|Born||18 February 1977|
Pandrethan, Srinagar, Kashmir, India
|Occupation||Film Actor, director|
Mir Sarwar has played an important roles in movies Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Jolly LLB 2 Kesari (2019 film). He is also played lead character in the film's like Half Widow, Kashmir Daily, Lihaaf and Negative lead in Dharma Productions Kesari (2019 film) He started his career in 1999 as a model and then switched to the theatre in Delhi and later on worked with several renowned directors M K Raina and Bapi Bose in Delhi. He was part of three National School of Drama workshops as well. He would travel to Mumbai for meetings and look tests. He moved to Mumbai permanently in late 2014, before getting an opportunity to be a part of two high-profile films, Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) and Phantom (2015 film) (2015). In the former, he played the father of the lost Pakistani girl Shahida, who is guided by Salman Khan's character back to Pakistan. Sarwar also worked on the production of Kashmir Daily, a self-financed Kashmiri film venture, for a period of four years. The actor also is involved in making Kashmiri films and contributes to the industry's projects without charging a fee in order to encourage film making among residents of the area. Mir has recently Directed a Film BED NO.17 in Srinagar and the film will be screened in several film festivals.
In 2017, Sarwar worked on the production of Mani Ratnam's Tamil film Kaatru Veliyidai (2017) and shot for the film in Hyderabad and Ladakh. He successfully auditioned for the film, with date clashes meaning he opted out of his role in Naam Shabana (2017) for the opportunity. His recent movie is Laila Majnu (2018) A film By Imtiyaz Ali filmed in Kashmir. Kedarnath released on 7 December 2018. Kesari on 21 March 2019 including 2 other films like Notebook, Hamid. After Kesari, Panipat, Chanakya, Jai Hind, Pawan Putra and some web series like The Family Man, Bard of Blood, Bhram and Special Ops released.
He has recently written & directed a Prayer Song "YA KHUDA" in the lockdown which had most of the veteran actors on J&K.
|2017||Jolly LLB 2||Inspector Baig|
|Kaatru Veliyidai||Muzaffar Khan||Tamil|
|2016 The End||Michael / Kashmiri|
|Bose: Dead/Alive||Rehmat Khan/Talwar||English, Hindi|
|2018||Kashmir Daily||Hussain Durrani||Hindi,
|Aiyaary||Lt.Col Hari Nath||Hindi|
|Lateef to Laden||Crush India||Hindi|
|Laxmmi Bomb||Abdul Chacha||Hindi|||
|2018||Bose: Dead/Alive||Rehmat Khan/Bhagat Singh||ALTBalaji||Web Series|
|2019||The Family Man||Faizan||Amazon||Web Series|
|2019||Bhram||Elder Yakub||Zee5||Web Series|
|2020||Special OPS||Hamid||Hotstar||Web Series|
- "In Conversation with Sarwar, 'The Industry is a Cakewalk'". The Moviean. 9 March 2018.
- "Bio-Feature: Sarwar". harmukhnews.com. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "In Kashmiri film 'Half Widow', a missing husband and a dilemma: should she hold on or let go?". 6 January 2020.
- "Kashmiri film chronicling a journalist's fight against drug abuse screened in Srinagar". hindustantimes.com. 20 March 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Shot in old Srinagar, 'Lihaaf' set for premier in Germany". 26 June 2019.
- "Mir Sarwar:Akshay Kumar is undoubtedly the fittest actor today". 18 March 2019.
- "Bollywood offers a more serene destination for talents from Kashmir". mid-day.com. 19 March 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Naqash, Rayan. "Against the odds, a movie about Kashmir by Kashmiris with the message 'If I can, so can't others'". scroll.in. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "'Bed No.17' to head for int'l film festivals". 18 June 2018.
- "Mani Ratnam's energy level very inspiring: Mir Sarwar". indiatvnews.com. 16 March 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Mir Sarwar in Kaatru Veliyidai". deccanchronicle.com. 11 February 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Left Naam Shabana for Kaatru Veliyidai : Mir Sarwar". newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Three releases this month, Kashmiri actor comes of age in Bollywood". 7 March 2019.
- "'Kesari' is an upcoming Indian period war drama film based on the Battle of Saragarhi". 12 September 2018.
- "In Covid times, Valley artistes release song of hope 'Ya Khuda'". 11 June 2020.
- TNN (24 June 2019). "'Jai Hind': Pawan Singh shares the new poster of his upcoming film". Times of India. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Kashmir's Bollywood actor Mir Sarwar in Laxmi Bomb with Akshay Kumar and Dharma Productions Shershaah". www.jkmonitor.org. 17 July 2020. Retrieved 17 July 2020.