|Born||January 17, 1966|
|Died||November 21, 2007|
|Allegiance||Baloch Liberation Army (BLA)|
|Battles/wars||Insurgency in Balochistan †|
Murder of Akbar BugtiEdit
The Chairman of the Baloch Youth Council (London), Waja Mir Hazar Khan Baloch, claimed that Balach Marri was behind the murder of Akbar Bugti. Hazar Khan claims that he heard this accusation from Brahamdagh Bugti. He further claims that Brahamdagh Bugti told him that the cave in which Akbar Bugti was hiding in, came down due to blast by remote control and Balach Marri was standing just outside the cave at that time.
Moreover, Baloch Youth Council (London) claims that an Indian diplomat had organised a meeting between Harbiyar Marri and Brahamdagh Bugti to resolve misunderstanding among them. The council claimed that Indian intelligence wing RAW was also present in the meeting between the two leaders. Indian intelligence officials and diplomats tried to persuade them to resolve difference among themselves. Harbiyar Marri wanted full independence and form government-in-exile. While Brahamdagh Bugti rejected Harbiyar's plan and claimed that he was the international leader.
Leader of Baloch Liberation Army (BLA)Edit
Balach Marri was one of the major leader of Baloch Liberation Army (BLA). After his death, a division was created in BLA. Since Hyrbyair Marri was arrested in United Kingdom, Mehran Marri took control of BLA. Mehran was accused of running the affairs of BLA in mismanaged manner. The rift between Mehran Marri and Hyrbyair Marri led to the creation of United Baloch Army (UBA). BLA leadership has accused Mehran and his companions of stealing $3 million funds and $800 million worth of weapons from BLA, with which they launched UBA. United Baloch Army is a break away faction of Baloch Liberation Army and is currently run by Mehran Marri.
Moreover, after Balach Marri's death BLA was greatly weakened in North-Eastern and Central part of Balochistan.
Balach Marri was killed in Afghanistan on 21 November 2007. According to some sources, Marri was killed in a North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) airstrike in Afghanistan. NATO officials had mistook him and his men for Taliban fighters and conducted airstrike on them, resulting in Marri's death.
However, Abdul Qadeer Baloch also known as Mama Qadeer, claim that Khair Bakhsh Marri believed that Hyrbyair Marri was behind the killing of Balach Marri. He made these remarks while reading out the last message of Khair Bakhsh Marri. In the message, Khair Bakhsh Marri questioned the circumstances surrounding the death of Balach Marri. In the written message, Khair Bakhsh Marri claimed that Hyrbyair Marri was the one who assassinated Balach Marri.
- "Harbiyar Marri to be tried for murder of justice Nawaz Marri". Pakistan Today. 25 February 2012.
- "Internal divisions within Baloch Liberation Army". Centre For Strategic And Contemporary Research (CSCR). 21 January 2018. Archived from the original on 22 April 2019.
- "Situationer: Who's who of Baloch insurgency". Dawn News. 1 June 2015. Archived from the original on 22 April 2019.
- "Balochistan's Separatist Insurgency On The Wane Despite Recent Attack". Gandhara Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberity. 18 April 2019. Archived from the original on 20 April 2019.
- "Baloch leader Ghazan Marri returns from exile, gets arrested". Samaa Tv. 22 September 2017. Archived from the original on 19 April 2019.
- "Balochistan: Insurgency could directly effect the childern and women of refugees". BBC News (in Urdu). 12 January 2019. Archived from the original on 9 February 2019.
- "India in Afghanistan". Caravan Magazine. 29 October 2010.
- "Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Marri is no more". Paktribune. 11 June 2014. Archived from the original on 19 April 2019.
- "Baloch nationalist leader Khair Bakhsh Marri passes away". Dawn News. 11 June 2014. Archived from the original on 19 April 2019.
- "Balach Marri was killed by his own brother". 22 November 2017.