The Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE), is a cabinet-level government ministry of Uganda. It is responsible for the "sound management and sustainable utilisation of water and environment resources for the betterment of the population of Uganda". The ministry is headed by Minister Sam Cheptoris.
|Jurisdiction||Government of Uganda|
|Headquarters||Port Bell Road|
The headquarters of the ministry are located on Port Bell Road, in the neighborhood of Luzira, in the Nakawa Division of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the ministry headquarters are 0°17'56.0"N, 32°38'56.0"E (Latitude:0.298889; Longitude:32.648889).
The minister is assisted by two ministers of state.
Administratively, the ministry is divided into three directorates:
- Directorate of Water Resources Management
- Directorate of Water Development
- Directorate of Environmental Affairs
The ministry works very closely with the following autonomous government agencies, in the effort to achieve its mandate.
- National Forestry Authority
- The Department of Climate Change
- National Environmental Management Authority
- National Water and Sewerage Corporation
List of ministersEdit
- MWE (10 October 2016). "Ministry of Water and Environment (Uganda): Administration and Management". Kampala: Uganda Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE). Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Ochwo, Alfred (29 June 2016). "Uganda: Workshops Are Useless - Minister Cheptoris". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- MWE (9 October 2016). "Ministry of Water and Environment (Uganda): Ministry Location". Kampala: Uganda Ministry of Water and Development (MWE). Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- Google (9 October 2016). "Location of the Headquarters of Ministry of Water and Mineral Development (Uganda)" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Museveni's new cabinet list At 6 June 2016" (PDF). Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- MWE (10 October 2016). "Ministry of Water and Environment (Uganda): Autonomous Government Agencies". Kampala: Uganda Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE). Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Museveni appoints his wife to key ministry in new cabinet". Africanews. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 4 September 2022.
- "President Yoweri Museveni Reshuffles Cabinet". New Vision. Kampala. 15 August 2012. Archived from the original on 26 August 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2022.
- Mukasa, Henry (2 June 2006). "Ministries Allocated". New Vision. Kampala. Archived from the original on 11 December 2014. Retrieved 30 August 2022.
- "Profile of Kahinda Otafiire, Member of Parliament for Ruhindi County, Mitooma District". Parliament of Uganda. 2011. Archived from the original on 23 October 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.