Ministry of Social and Family Development
The Ministry of Social and Family Development (Abbreviation: MSF; Malay: Kementerian Pembangunan Sosial dan Keluarga; Chinese: 社会及家庭发展部) is a ministry of the Government of Singapore focusing on nurturing resilient individuals, strong families and a caring society in Singapore.
Logo of MSF
|Formed||1 November 2012|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||MSF Building, 512 Thomson Road, Singapore 298136|
MSF was formed on 1 November 2012, after it was announced on 31 July 2012 that the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports would be restructured. Several portfolios, including youth and sports development, charity governance and REACH, the Government's feedback unit, were taken over by two other new Ministries - Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth and Ministry of Communications and Information.
Priorities and goalsEdit
One of MSF's immediate priorities was to re-examine public policies to help get Singaporeans to marry and have their first child earlier. In addition, MSF would work on strengthening the social safety net to better help those in need, especially those who are at risk.
- "Changes to Cabinet and Other Appointments". Prime Minister's Office. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "Changes in permanent secretary appointments from May, as veteran civil servant retires". The Straits Times. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "MCYS, MICA to be restructured to form 3 new ministries". Channel NewsAsia. 31 Jul 2012. Retrieved 2 Jan 2013.
- "Ministry of Social and Family Development's immediate priorities". Channel NewsAsia. 2 Aug 2012. Retrieved 2 Jan 2013.
- Ministry of Social and Family Development
- Singapore Government Directory Interactive — Ministry of Social and Family Development
- MSF Singapore Official Facebook Page
- MSFSingapore Official Flickr Channel
- MSF Singapore Official Youtube Channel
- MSF Singapore Official Twitter Channel
- MSF Singapore Official Instagram Channel