The Ministry of Maritime Economy has taken over roles of other departments most notably the Ministries of Agriculture, Economy and Transportation.
Ministry of Marine Economy had an authority over:
- Overseeing of civilian navy
- Security of civilian navy
- Protection of the maritime environment
- Education of maritime crews
- Overseeing government agencies responsible for maritime matters (i.e. maritime schools and courts)
Creation of the ministry was criticized as being politically motivated in Polityka. because some claim that there is no need for the creation of a ministry for such a specific role.
Abolition of the Ministry edit
A similar position of Minister of Marine Economy and Waterways (Polish: Ministerstwo Gospodarki Morskiej i Żeglugi Śródlądowej) was again created in the Cabinet of Beata Szydło (est. 16 November 2015) and also assigned to Marek Gróbarczyk.
List of ministers edit
|Portrait||Name||Party||Term of Office||Prime Minister
|Rafał Wiechecki||LPR||5 May 2006||13 August 2007||Kazimierz Marcinkiewicz (Marcinkiewicz)|
|Marek Gróbarczyk||Nonpartisan||13 August 2007||16 November 2007||Jarosław Kaczyński (Kaczyński)|
See also edit
- Polityka, 17 February 2007