The Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Rural Development (Burmese: မွေးမြူရေး၊ ရေလုပ်ငန်းနှင့် ကျေးလက်ဒေသဖွံ့ဖြိုးရေးဝန်ကြီးဌာန) is a ministry in the Burmese government responsible for the country's livestock and fishery sectors.
|မွေးမြူရေး၊ ရေလုပ်ငန်းနှင့် ကျေးလက်ဒေသဖွံ့ဖြိုးရေးဝန်ကြီးဌာန|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Myanmar|
|Headquarters||Office No. 36, Naypyidaw|
|Deputy Ministers responsible|
The development of livestock and fisheries sectors of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar was undertaken by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry up to the fiscal year of 1982-1983. In accordance with the decision of 3/6 cabinet meeting of State Council held on 10 February 1983, the Ministry of the Livestock and Fisheries was particularly organised on 15 March 1983. With Order No. (67/2013) dated 9 August 2013 of President Office, Republic of the Union of Myanmar and in accord with the agreement of the Seventh Regular Session of First Pyidaungsu Hluttaw, Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries has been renamed Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Rural Development.
- Directorate of Livestock, Fisheries and Rural Development
- Livestock Breeding and Veterinary Department
- Department of Fisheries
- Department of Rural Development
- University of Veterinary Science, Yezin
- To sufficient the domestic consumption and export the extra enough.
- To control the infectious disease and zoonosis disease by co-operation with international organisation, UN agencies and concern department
- To produce the Quality and safety Livestock Products
- To achieve the average livestock improvement rate 8.43% per year
- To invite foreign investment in line with state policy
- To increase per capita consumption of fish
- To meet with ASEAN Economic Community Blue Print in fishery priority integration sector.
- Expansion of livestock business enterprise mainly based on dairy and beef cattle
- Extension of the disease free zone for the purpose of livestock development
- Enlargement of the breeding of horse, donkey and mule for the use of transportation needed for vaccination campaigns, research projects and some remote areas where other means of transport are merely possible
- Production of internationally marketable inland and marine fish and shrimp species concordant with respective regions and climate in accordance with good breeding methods
- Increase production of value added fishery products in line with international standards
- Conservation of fisheries resources for sustainable fisheries in accordance with international guidelines
- To produce the livestock and fisheries products for food security by capture and culture system without compromising the ecosystem and to conduct the production of quality and safety livestock and fisheries products in line with international standard.
- To improve 3 times of the gross domestic product from the based year in livestock and fisheries sector.
- "Ministry Of Livestock and Fisheries". Myanmar Online Data Information Network Solutions. 2002. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "About MLFRD". Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Rural Development. Archived from the original on 21 October 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Vision, Policy, Objectives and Tasks". Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Rural Development. Archived from the original on 21 October 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2014.