The Ministry of Health (MoH) is the government ministry of Ghana that is responsible for the health of Ghana. It is involved in providing public health services, managing Ghana's healthcare industry, and building Ghana's hospitals and medical education system.
|Ministry of Health|
|Jurisdiction||Republic of Ghana|
The ministry is responsible for all health related issues in Ghana. It was responsible for direct public health service delivery or provision in the country. However, with the enactment of an ACT 525 of parliament, the functions of promotion, preventive, curative and rehabilitative care has been delegated to the Ghana Health Service and Teaching hospitals. Hence, the ministry is now responsible for only policy formulation, monitoring and evaluation, resource mobilization and regulation of the health service delivery in the country.
Ministry agencies include:
- Ghana Medical and Dental Council
- Pharmacy Council Ghana
- Ghana Registered Nurses and Midwives
- Alternative Medicine Council
- Foods and Drug Authority
- Private Hospitals and Maternity Homes Board
- National Health Insurance Authority
- Ghana National Drugs Programme
- Ghana Health Service
- Allied Health Professions Council
- Occupational Therapy Association Of Ghana
- Ghana National Ambulance Service
- "Ministry, Contact us". Archived from the original on 2009-03-03. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Ministry, Agencies, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies". Archived from the original on 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Dr Victor Bampoe is Nigeria's UNAIDS country director". GhanaHealthNest. 2018-11-29. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- "Oko Boye Sworn In". DailyGuide Network. 2020-04-21. Retrieved 2020-04-29.
- "JoyNews hosts Deputy Health Minister, virologist, others on 'Beyond The Lockdown' tonight". MyJoyOnline.com. 2020-05-17. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Health at Ministries section of Ghana.gov.gh
- Ghana Health Service, an MoH agency
- Ghana Registered Nurses and Midwives, an MoH agency
- Ghana National Drugs Programme, an MoH agency
- Christian Health Association of Ghana, an MoH partner