The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Turkish: Dışişleri Bakanlığı) is a government ministry of the Republic of Turkey, responsible for the nation's foreign policy and international relations. Established on 2 May 1920, its primary duties are administering diplomatic missions, negotiating international treaties and agreements, and representing the Republic of Turkey at the United Nations. The ministry is headquartered in the Turkish capital of Ankara and counts on more than 200 missions as embassies, permanent representation offices and consulates general, abroad.
|Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Dışişleri Bakanlığı|
Statue of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk in Embassy of Turkey, Washington, D.C.
|Formed||2 May 1920|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Turkey|
|Headquarters||Dr. Sadık Ahmet Cad.|
|Annual budget||₺5.786.984.000 (2021)|
- Directorate-Generals for Bilateral Political Affairs
Representative Offices inside TurkeyEdit
- Istanbul Representative Office
- Izmir Representative Office
- Antalya Representative Office
- Edirne Representative Office
- Gaziantep Representative Office
- Hatay Representative Office
Main issues regarding Ministry of Foreign AffairsEdit
|Turkey and the EU|
|Turkey's Security (NATO)|
|Controversy between Turkey and Armenia about the Events of 1915|
|The Turkish Straits|
|Resolution of Conflicts and Mediation|
|Arms Control and Disarmament|
|Turkish Citizens Living Abroad|
|Turkey’s Multilateral Transportation Policy|
|Turkey on Irregular Migration|
|Turkey on Trafficking in Human Beings|
|Combating Organized Crime|
|Turkey’s Humanitarian Assistance|
|Internally Displaced People (IDPs) in Turkey|
|The Alliance of Civilizations Initiative|
Excluding Honorary Consulates, Turkey is represented through 236 official missions, of which 142 are embassies, 12 are permanent representations, 81 are Consulate Generals and two are trade offices. With 235 missions, Turkey ranks sixth in the world after China (276), United States (273), France (267), Japan (247) and Russia (242).
Of the 236 Turkish ambassadors in service as of March 2016, 37 are women.
Republic of Turkey is a member of 26 international organizations. The contact between these organizations and Turkey is maintained by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- https://www.sbb.gov.tr/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2a-2021-Yili-Genel-Butceli-idareler-Ekonomik-Kod-icmali-ile-2022_2023-Gider-Tahminleri.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- Brief History of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey. Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Contact Us." Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "CIA. Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments". Archived from the original on 7 July 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "From Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs". Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 8 January 2021.
- "Distinguished Service Award of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs". www.mfa.gov.tr. Retrieved 14 November 2022.