Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Norway)
|Formed||June 7, 1905|
|Jurisdiction||Kingdom of Norway|
|Headquarters||Victoria Terrasse, Oslo, Norway|
|Annual budget||Nok.34 billion|
|Website||Ministry of Foreign affairs|
|List of Norwegian ministries|
The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Norwegian (Bokmål): Det kongelige utenriksdepartement; Norwegian (Nynorsk): Det kongelege utanriksdepartement) is the foreign ministry of the Kingdom of Norway. It was established on June 7, 1905, the same day the Parliament of Norway (Stortinget) decided to dissolve the personal union with Sweden.
Between 1983 and October 2013, the ministry also had a Minister of International Development but this position was abolished by the Solberg's Cabinet and the foreign minister became the sole head of the ministry.
The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is organised with 110 foreign missions and three subordinate organisations: Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad), FK Norway (the Norwegian "Peace Corps") and the development country investment fund Norfund. The Ministry and foreign missions have a total staff of approx. 2,400.
The Political levelEdit
Minister of Foreign Affairs Ine Marie Eriksen Søreide
- State Secretaries Bård Glad Pedersen, Hans Brattskar, Ingvild Næss Stub (all Conservative).
- Political Advisor Ingrid Skjøtskift (Conservative)
- Secretariat of the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Communication Unit
- Legal Adviser
The Operational levelEdit
The top public servant is the Secretary General (utenriksråd) with an Assistant Secretary General as substitute (the latter also with a special responsibility for international development issues).
- Department for European Affairs
- Department for Security Policy and the High North
- Department for Regional Affairs
- Department for UN and Humanitarian Affairs
- Department for Economic Relations and Development
- Department for Culture and Protocol
- Legal Affairs Department
- Promotion and Protocol Department
- Human and Financial Resources Department
- Internal and External Services Department
- Services Department