Ministry of Environment (Denmark)
Created in 1971 as the Ministry of Pollution Combating ("Ministeriet for forureningsbekæmpelse"), it changed its name in 1973 to the current Ministry of the Environment. However, from 1994 to 2005 it was known as the Ministry of Environment and Energy ("Miljø- og Energiministeriet"), as the ministry was merged with the Ministry of Energy. In 2005, the energy sector was detached again and the ministry reverted to the old name.
Agencies and institutionsEdit
- Danmarks Miljøportal (The Danish Nature & Environment Portal) 
- Geodatastyrelsen (Danish Geodata Agency) 
- Naturstyrelsen (Danish Nature Agency)  (created on 1 January 2011 by a merger of By- og Landskabsstyrelsen (City and Landscape Agency) and Danish Forest and Nature Agency (Skov- og Naturstyrelsen)).
- Miljøstyrelsen (Environment Agency) 
- Natur- og Miljøklagenævnet  (created on 1 January 2011 by a merger of Miljøklagenævnet and Naturklagenævnet)