Ministry of Agriculture of Peru
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation (MINAGRI) is an institution of the Peruvian Government in charge of the agricultural sector. Its headquarters are located in the nation's capital, Lima. Currently, Gustavo Mostajo is Peru's Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation is organized into:
- Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation
- Viceminister of Agriculture
- Secretary General
- Agrarian Advisory Council
- Internal Auditing Office
- Public Attorney
- General Office of Agrarian Planning
- General Office of Legal Assistance
- General Administration Office
- General Directorate of Agricultural Information
- General Directorate of Agricultural Promotion
- Regional Agricultural Governing Bodies
- Agricultural Agencies
1. Fortify agriculturally producing organizations and to promote their integration under the focus of managing watersheds and production chains.
2. Encouraging technological innovations and training directed towards agricultural producers by providing technical assistance.
3. Establishing a system of agricultural information allowing producers to have an efficient decision-making process for their business.
4. Facilitate agricultural producers with access to legal, administrative, management, financial, technical, sanitary, and other assistance permitting the producer to better their enterprise.
5. To facilitate the articulation of smallholder agriculture to a market economy, by establishing policies for the proper use of natural resources.