Minister of Justice and Correctional Services
The Minister of Justice and Correctional Services is the justice minister in the government of South Africa. He is the political head of the Department of Justice and Correctional Services, which is responsible for administrative support to the courts, oversight of the National Prosecuting Authority, the provision of legal services to departments of state, law reform and Correctional Services.
|South Africa |
Minister of Justice and
|Department of Justice and |
|Inaugural holder||J. B. M. Hertzog|
|Formation||31 May 1910|
|Website||Department of Justice and Correctional Services|
This list contains all persons to hold the position of justice minister from the founding of the Union of South Africa to the current time (2011):
|J. B. M. Hertzog||SAP||1910–1912||Prime Minister Louis Botha|
|Jacobus Wilhelmus Sauer||SAP||1912–1913|
|Nicolaas Jacobus de Wet||SAP||1913–1919|
|1919–1924||Prime Minister Jan Smuts|
|Tielman Roos||NP||1924–1929||Prime Minister J. B. M. Hertzog|
|Colin Fraser Steyn||UP||1939–1945||Prime Minister Jan Smuts|
|Charles Robberts Swart||NP||1948–1954||Prime Minister Daniel François Malan|
|1954–1958||Prime Minister Johannes Gerhardus Strijdom|
|1958–1959||Prime Minister Hendrik Verwoerd|
|B. J. Vorster||NP||1961–1966|
|Petrus Cornelius Pelser||NP||1966–1974||Prime Minister B. J. Vorster|
|1978–1979||Prime Minister P. W. Botha|
|1984–1989||State President P. W. Botha|
|1989–1994||State President F. W. de Klerk|
|Dullah Omar||ANC||1994–1999||President Nelson Mandela|
|Penuell Maduna||ANC||1999–2004||President Thabo Mbeki|
|Brigitte Mabandla [1st female]||ANC||29 April 2004 – 25 September 2008|
|Enver Surty||ANC||25 September 2008 – 10 May 2009||President Kgalema Motlanthe|
|Jeff Radebe||ANC||11 May 2009 – 24 May 2014||President Jacob Zuma|
|Michael Masutha||ANC||25 May 2014 – 29 May 2019|
|Ronald Lamola||ANC||30 May 2019 - Present||President Cyril Ramaphosa|
- "Determination salaries and allowances of the Deputy President, Ministers and Deputy Ministers Archived 2016-01-29 at the Wayback Machine", Proclamation No. 3 of 2015.
- "President Jacob Zuma announces members of the National Executive, Pretoria". The Presidency. 25 May 2014. Archived from the original on 27 May 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Wynn, Craig (25 May 2014). "Zuma announces new Cabinet". EWN. Archived from the original on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "Justice/Contacts/Ministry". Department of Justice. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "DCS". Retrieved 18 July 2014.
|This article about South African government is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|