Mindaugas Sinkevičius (born 20 June 1984, in Jonava) is a Lithuanian manager and politician, Mayor of Jonava District Municipality (2011–2016 and since 2019), former Minister of Economy of Lithuania (2016–2017) and Vice-Mayor of Jonava (2008–2011).
|Assumed office |
11 April 2019
|Preceded by||Eugenijus Sabutis|
7 April 2011 – 13 December 2016
|Preceded by||Bronislovas Liutkus|
|Succeeded by||Eugenijus Sabutis|
|Minister of Economy of Lithuania|
13 December 2016 – 13 October 2017
|Prime Minister||Saulius Skvernelis|
|Preceded by||Evaldas Gustas|
|Succeeded by||Virginijus Sinkevičius|
|Spouse(s)||Aistė Sinkevičienė née Plūkaitė|
Sinkevičius graduated from Jonava Senamiestis Gymnasium in 2003. He graduated from Vilnius University, Mykolas Romeris University and the ISM University of Management and Economics, defending his doctoral dissertation “Alcohol Consumption in the Context of Conflicting Societal and Personal Factors“ on 11 September 2015, at ISM.
Sinkevičius was active in social engagements and public organizations. A member of the Social Democratic Party of Lithuania, he was elected to the municipal council of Jonava District Municipality (Lithuanian: Jonavos rajono savivaldybė) in 2007. In 2008, he became a vice-president of the Lithuanian Youth Council (LiJOT). In April 2011, at the age of 26, he was elected as the mayor of Jonava District Municipality by the municipal council. In 2015, Sinkevičius was reelected as the mayor in the first direct mayoral elections with 71.2 % of the vote.
At the end of 2016, he was appointed as the Minister of Economy on Skvernelis Cabinet, the 17th cabinet of the Republic of Lithuania.
In 2017, he resigned from office at the Ministry of Economy of Lithuania.
From December 2017 to April 2019 was he Director of Uždaroji akcinė bendrovė „Jonavos vandenys“.
In 2019, Sinkevičius was reelected as the mayor in the direct mayoral elections with 57.36 % of the vote.
Mindaugas Sinkevičius is a son of Rimantas Sinkevičius, a member of the Seimas and the Minister of Transport in the preceding Butkevičius Cabinet. His mother Ligita is a chief specialist at the Environmental Protection Agency under the Ministry of Environment. His sister Rūta is an assistant to a Vilnius district court judge.
Mindaugas Sinkevičius is married (since May 2017). His wife is Aistė Sinkevičienė (* 1989, Plūkaitė), an interior designer from Kaunas.
Sinkevičius lives with his family in his hometown Jonava.
- Sinkevičius, Mindaugas; Gineikienė, Justina; Huettinger, Maik; Adomavičius, Benas (2014). "Double Standards in the Judgment of Consumer versus Business Unethical Behavior" (PDF). Market-Tržište. Zagreb, Croatia: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics and Business Zagreb. 26 (1): 45–57. doi:10.22598/mt. eISSN 1849-1383. ISSN 0353-4790. OCLC 890067495. UDK 174:366-05 / https://hrcak.srce.hr/123368 – via Hrčak.
- Sinkevičius, Mindaugas (2016). "Intention to Purchase Alcohol by Adults in the Country In Transition: The Effects of Health Consciousness, Self-Efficacy and Religion Importance" (PDF). Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies. Vilnius, Lithuania: Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University. 7 (2): 25–42. eISSN 2345-0037. ISSN 2029-4581. OCLC 6942945468.
Media related to Mindaugas Sinkevičius at Wikimedia Commons
- 2015 08 31: Public defence of a doctoral dissertation Archived 2015-09-23 at the Wayback Machine
- "Gyvenimo aprašymas – Meras" [Curriculum Vitae – Mayor (www.jonava.lt)]. Wayback Machine (in Lithuanian). 11 November 2016. Archived from the original on 11 November 2016. Retrieved 31 March 2019.
- Lithuanian Municipal Elections 2015 Archived 2015-03-05 at the Wayback Machine