Minami-Nagareyama Station (南流山駅, Minami-Nagareyama-eki) is an interchange passenger railway station in the city of Nagareyama, Chiba, Japan, operated by both East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and the third-sector railway operating company Metropolitan Intercity Railway Company. The station is number 10 on the Tsukuba Express line.
|Location||Minami-Nagareyama, Nagareyama-shi, Chiba-ken 270-0163|
Minami-Nagareyama Station is served by the orbital Musashino Line, which runs between Fuchūhommachi and Tokyo, and by the Tsukuba Express line, which runs from Akihabara in Tokyo and Tsukuba in Ibaraki Prefecture. It is located 55.4 kilometers from Fuchūhommachi Station on the Musashino Line, and 22.1 kilometers from Akihabara Station on the Tsukuba Express.
|Location||1–25 Minami-Nagareyama, Nagareyama-shi, Chiba-ken 270-0163|
|Operated by||JR East|
|Platforms||2 (2 side platforms)|
|Opened||1 April 1973|
The JR East station consists of two elevated opposed side platforms serving two tracks, with a bi-directional centre track used for freight services. The station building is located underneath the platforms.
|1||Musashino Line||for Minami-Koshigaya, Musashi-Urawa, and Fuchūhommachi|
|2||Musashino Line||for Nishi-Funabashi, Tokyo, and Kaihimmakuhari|
|Tsukuba Express station (underground)|
|Location||2–1 Minami-Nagareyama, Nagareyama-shi, Chiba-ken 270-0163|
|Operated by||Metropolitan Intercity Railway Company|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Opened||24 August 2005|
The Tsukuba Express station consists of an underground island platform serving two tracks. The platforms were approximately 125 m long when built, to accommodate 6-car trains.
|1||■ Tsukuba Express||for Nagareyama-Ōtakanomori, Moriya, and Tsukuba|
|2||■ Tsukuba Express||for Misato-chūō, Kita-Senju, and Akihabara|
Minami-Nagareyama Station opened on 1 April 1973.
The Tsukuba Express station opened on 24 August 2005, coinciding with the opening of the line.
The Tsukuba Express platforms are scheduled to be lengthened by 40 m in either direction by autumn 2012 to allow the train stopping positions to be offset, thus reducing platform crowding during peak periods.
In fiscal 2019, the JR East portion of the station was used by an average of 35,517 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The Tsukuba Express portion of the station was used by 37,560 passengers during the same period.
- Toyo Gakuen University Nagareyama Campus
- Nagareyama Post Office
- ３編成１８両の車両増強と南流山駅ホーム改良計画について [Details of new build of 3 trainsets and platform improvements at Minami-Nagareyama Station] (PDF). Tsukuba Express News Release (in Japanese). Metropolitan Intercity Railway Company. 11 January 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 March 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "JR East station information" (in Japanese). East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2019年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2019)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- "つくばエクスプレス乗車人員". Metropolitan Intercity Railway Company. 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
Media related to Minami-Nagareyama Station at Wikimedia Commons