|National Co-Chair of the Socialist Party USA|
October 26, 2013 – October 18, 2015
Serving with Stephanie Cholensky
|Preceded by||Billy Wharton|
|Succeeded by||Pat Noble|
|National Vice Chair of the
Socialist Party USA
October 15, 2011 – October 26, 2013
Serving with Stephanie Gussin
|Succeeded by||John Strinka|
October 30, 1974
Reading, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Troy University|
From October 2013 to October 2015, Soltysik served as National Co-Chair of the Socialist Party USA. Prior to that, he served as National Vice Chair from 2011 to 2013.
In 2014, Soltysik was one of eight candidates in the primary for California's 62nd State Assembly district. Under California's nonpartisan blanket primary system, the top two candidates from the primary, regardless of party, advance to the general election. Soltysik finished in 7th place with 2.5% of the vote.
In October 2015, Soltysik filed a Federal lawsuit against the California Secretary of State because he had been required to list "Party Preference: None" on the 2014 primary ballot; the California election law allows candidates to list only a party preference of a qualified party or "None" on the ballot, and the Socialist Party was not a qualified party in California.
2016 presidential campaignEdit
On October 17, 2015, the Socialist Party USA's national convention nominated Soltysik for president and Angela Nicole Walker for vice president. The party did not have automatic ballot access in any state.
- "Mimi for California State Assembly, 62nd District". Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "2013 Socialist Party USA National Convention". Socialist Party USA. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "Ready to Kick Ass?". Socialist Party of California. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Dryden, Carley (2014-06-01). "Eight candidates vying for Steven Bradford's 62nd Assembly District seat". Daily Breeze. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- "Statewide Direct Primary Election - Statement of Vote, June 3, 2014: State Assemblymember by District" (PDF). California Secretary of State. p. 99. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Complaint, Soltysik v. Padilla, No. 2:15-cv-7916 (C.D. Cal. filed Oct. 8, 2015).
- Winger, Richard (2015-10-08). "Two Socialist Party Candidates Sue California to Have Party Label on Ballot". Ballot Access News. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Winger, Richard (2015-10-17). "Socialist Party National Ticket Nominated". Ballot Access News. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Winger, Richard (2015-08-07). "Socialist Party Sets National Convention". Ballot Access News. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Spitznagel, Eric (2013-02-26). "How Some Hate Mail Led Me Down the Socialist Musician Wormhole". MTV Hive. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Kapur, Sahil (2015-05-06). "America's Socialists Say Bernie Sanders Can Advance Their Cause". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- Segneri, AJ (February 15, 2016). "Interview: Bernie Sanders Isn't The Only 'Socialist' Running for President". Independent Voter Network. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Hasoni, Curtis (February 16, 2016). "The North Star interviews Mimi Soltysik, 2016 SPUSA candidate for POTUS". The North Star. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Douglas-Bowers, Devon (July 30, 2015). "Socialism and Electoral Politics in the US: An Interview with Mimi Soltysik I The Hampton Institute". The Hampton Institute. Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- "Why is there a growing support for socialism?". CNBC. April 14, 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- "2016 Presidential General Election Results". US Election Atlas. Retrieved 28 December 2016.