Miloš Meier (born 17 June 1984 in Jihlava, Czech Republic) is a Czech drummer. In a survey of listeners and readers of Radio Beat and magazine Rock & Pop, he was selected as a member of the Czech supergroup together with Michal Pavlíček, Kamil Střihavka, Vladimir Kulhánek, Roman Dragoun and Jan Hrubý.
|Born||17 June 1984|
|Genres||hard rock, heavy metal, pop, jazz|
Miloš Meier comes from musical family; his stepmother is a singer, his brother is also a drummer and his father leads a brass orchestra, in which Meier performed until he was 16. The first musical instrument that he started to play was the piano. During his orchestra years he also played with local rock and metal bands Invasion of Privacy and Eclipse of a Shadow.
At the age of fifteen he left to Prague to study at the Prague Conservatory. Around this time he became interested in diverse musical styles including jazz, fusion, and funk. He played with a large number of different bands, including death metal artist Tortharry, with whom he recorded an album, Bon Jovi and Judas Priest tribute bands, and Aneta Langerová's band. Intensive drumming led to problems with his tendons and muscles in his hands, and he had to stop playing the drums for six months.
After his recovery, at the age of 19 he successfully auditioned for BSP, a Czech supergroup consisting of Ota Balage, Kamil Střihavka, and Michal Pavlíček, with whom he has been playing ever since. In 2009 he recorded the album Neser (Do not fuck) with Czech metal band Dymytry, who he later joined. He also plays in the bands Noid, Story, and Eleison, as well as various other musical projects.
In 2009 he performed at the La Rioja Drumming Festival in Spain.
He organizes drumming workshops called Drumming Syndrome.
- Neser! (2010)
- Neonarcis (2012)
- Homodlak (2014)
- Tortharry – White (2003)
- Petr Poláček & Iluze (2006)
- Michal Pavlíček – Beatová síň slávy (Beat Hall of Fame) (CD, DVD, 8.6. 2006)
- B.S.P. – Live in Retro Music Hall – (DVD, 2006)
- Gazely – Gazely (Gazelles) (CD, 2006)
- Viktoria – Velvet (CD, 2008)
- Kamil Střihavka & Leaders! – 365 (CD, 2008)
- Michal Pavlíček – muzikál Dáma s Kaméliemi (musical Lady with Camellias) (2008)
- Michal Pavlíček – Srdeční záležitosti (Heart Matters) (3 CD, 2010)
- Noid – Rány (Wounds) (CD, 2012)
- Drumming Syndrome – Drum Show (DVD, 2012)
- "Z dechovky se probubnoval mezi muzikantskou elitu". denik.cz. Jiří Mach. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Jethro Tull, Alice s Bártou i "supergroup". Olomouc čeká rocková sobota". iDnes.cz. MF DNES , Šárka Novotná. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- "Miloš Meier: Každý může mít oblíbeného bubeníka". Novinky.cz. Jaroslav Špulák. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Bubeník Miloš Meier: Není důležité jen hraní, ale i tvůrčí vklad pro kapelu". Novinky.cz. Jaroslav Špulák. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "BUBENICKÝ ,,ČOUDA" Z HRONOVA MILOŠ MEIER V ROZHOVORU PRO HUDEBNÍ SERVER MAXMUZIK". MAXMUZIK.cz. Gizzy. Archived from the original on 4 July 2015. Retrieved 25 June 2015.