Millions in the Air
Millions in the Air is a 1935 American comedy film directed by Ray McCarey and written by Sig Herzig and Jane Storm. The film stars John Howard, Wendy Barrie, Willie Howard, George Barbier, Benny Baker, Eleanore Whitney and Robert Cummings. The film was released on December 12, 1935, by Paramount Pictures.
|Millions in the Air|
|Directed by||Ray McCarey|
|Screenplay by||Sig Herzig|
|Produced by||Harold Hurley|
|Edited by||Ellsworth Hoagland|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)
Amateur performers on Colonel Edwards' popular radio show get a gong rung by the show's sponsor, soap mogul Calvin Keller, if they aren't any good. It doesn't surprise the audience when would-be opera singer Tony Pagano is judged a disappointment, but the act of Eddie Warren and Marion Keller wowed the crowd. Everyone is stunned when they, too, get the gong.
Marion's fiancé Gordon Rogers dislikes her being a vaudeville entertainer. Eddie, an ice cream vendor, wants to succeed with or without her, but he's jealous when he learns of Marion's relationship with Gordon and parts ways with her. He is also irked when his pal Jimmy wins the radio contest along with his old dance partner, Bubbles.
During the next show, Keller gets so many complaints from listeners and audience members that he insists Colonel Edwards reunite the team of Eddie and Marion that very night. It takes some doing, but ultimately the twosome steals the show.
- John Howard as Eddie Warren
- Wendy Barrie as Marion Keller
- Willie Howard as Tony Pagano
- George Barbier as Calvin Keller
- Benny Baker as Benny
- Eleanore Whitney as Bubbles
- Robert Cummings as Jimmy
- Catherine Doucet as Mrs. Waldo-Walker
- Samuel S. Hinds as Colonel Edwards
- Halliwell Hobbes as Theodore
- Dave Chasen as Dave
- Stephen Chase as Gordon Rogers III
- Benny Bartlet as Kid Pianist
- Billy Gilbert as Nikolas Popadopolis
- Ralph Malone as Jason
- Frances Robinson as Sally
- Irving Bacon as Mr. Perkins
- Inez Courtney as Miss Waterbury
- Harry C. Bradley as Mr. Waldo-Walker
- Russell Hicks as Davis
- Harry Tenbrook as Mike
- Paul Fix as Hank
- Marion Hargrove as Blonde
- Joan Davis as Singer
- Adrienne Marden as Girl
- Paul Newlan as Charles Haines
Cummings was cast in August 1935.
- "Millions in the Air (1935) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- F.S.N. (1935-12-12). "Movie Review - Millions in the Air - At the Paramount". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- Luise Rainer and William Powell, "Escapade" Stars, United for "Ziegfeld": Los Angeles Times 26 Aug 1935: 19.