Millennium Square, Bristol
Millennium Square is home to a BBC Big Screen and a large water feature. A bronze statue of Bristol-born actor Cary Grant by sculptor Graham Ibbeson was unveiled by Grant's widow in 2001. Other bronze sculptures include William Penn, William Tyndale and Thomas Chatterton, all three by Lawrence Holofcener. There are also a number of small painted bronze Jack Russell terrier dogs by Cathie Pilkington, some of which are set into the paved surface, as if they were swimming.
An analemma is built into the paving slabs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Millennium Square, Bristol.|
- "The city of Bristol: Places: Millennium Square". Bristol University. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Big Screens - Bristol". BBC. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Bristol celebrates Hollywood 'son'". BBC News. 8 December 2001.
- Penn, Tyndale and Chatterton by Lawrence Holofcener Archived 2010-12-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Bill and Bob by Cathie Pilkington Archived 24 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine