Milan Jovanović (footballer, born July 1983)
Milan Jovanović (Serbian Cyrillic: Милан Јовановић, pronounced [mǐlan jǒʋanoʋitɕ, - joʋǎː-]; born 21 July 1983), also known locally as Mrva, is a Montenegrin retired footballer. In international competition he has represented Montenegro as well as fifteen clubs, although he never played for a Montenegrin club. He announced the end of his professional football career in October 2015.
|Date of birth||21 July 1983|
|Place of birth||Čačak, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1+1⁄2 in)|
|2012–2013||Red Star Belgrade||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Čačak, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia, Jovanović started playing football at a major local club, FK Borac Čačak. Before coming in 2003 at FC Vaslui, he also played for FK Mladost Lučani and FK Železnik. After one season at FC Vaslui, Jovanović was transferred to FC Universitatea Craiova. In 2005, he turned back in Serbia, and played for the second division team FK Radnički Niš. Unirea Urziceni was the team that brought Jovanović again to Romania in 2006. In 2007 the new promoted Universitatea Cluj, bought the Montenegrin footballer with 119.000 €. On 20 February 2009 Spartak Nalchik have signed the Montenegro international defender from Romanian club U Cluj. His contract with Spartak Nalchik has been canceled and at the end of March he arrived in Red Star Belgrade on trial. On 8 June 2009, he signed a 2-year-contract for Austria's record-champion Rapid Wien.
Red Star BelgradeEdit
On the morning of 27 June 2012, Jovanović signed a 2-year-contract for Red Star Belgrade. After an impressive half season with Red Star, Jovanović was thrown out of the senior team because of partying with alcoholic beverages in Antalya, Turkey. In April 2013, after a second alcoholic beverage-related incident, Jovanović formally terminated his contract with Red Star Belgrade.
Despite being born in Serbia, Jovanović received a call from the Montenegro to play for its newly formed national team in 2007 and opted to play for Montenegro. He made his debut for Montenegro in his country's first ever competitive match on 24 March 2007, a friendly against Hungary in Podgorica and has earned a total of 36 caps, scoring no goals. On 12 October 2010, spectators were impressed when Jovanović shot a spectacular 30-meter ball which hit the goalpost in a 0–0 draw with England at Wembley Stadium.
|2012–13||Red Star Belgrade||SuperLiga||9||0||2||1||4||0||15||1|
- "Jovanović završio karijeru: Dres Crne Gore uljepšao mi je bavljenje fudbalom". Cafe del Montenegro. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 May 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Sportal (Serbian): Milan Jovanović izbačen iz tima – zbog alkohola, a prekjuče bio "za primer"! 23 January 2013
-  Press Online (Serbian): Fudbaler Zvezde razbio auto košarkašu Zvezde i napao policajca! 13 April 2013
-  Telegraf – Sport (Serbian): DEFINITIVNO: Milan Jovanović više nije član Zvezde! 17 April 2013
- Official: Milan Jovanović joins Padideh
-  BBC Sport – Football: England Montenegro 0–0. 12 October 2010
-  S Media (Serbian): Prečka na "Vembliju" se tresla od Zvezdinog novog štopera VIDEO – 12 October 2010
- "Player Database". eu-football.info. Retrieved 13 September 2020.