Mike Thomas (wide receiver, born 1994)
Michael Davonta Thomas (born August 16, 1994) is an American football wide receiver for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at University of Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles, and was drafted by the Rams in the sixth round of the 2016 NFL Draft.
Thomas with the Los Angeles Rams in 2016
|No. 88 – Los Angeles Rams|
|Born:||August 16, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||189 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||DuSable (Chicago, Illinois)|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 6 / Pick: 206|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Thomas started his collegiate career at College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in 2012, he transferred to Dodge City Community College in Kansas in 2013. He signed with the University of Southern Mississippi after the season. Thomas played at Southern Mississippi from 2014 to 2016.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 1 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
The Los Angeles Rams selected Thomas in the sixth round (206th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft. He was the 25th wide receiver selected. On June 9, 2016, the Rams signed Thomas to a four-year contract along with other Rams rookies. He finished his rookie season with just three receptions for 37 yards.
On July 14, 2017, Thomas was suspended the first four games of 2017 for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs.
On September 17, 2018, Thomas was placed on injured reserve after suffering a groin injury in Week 1. Without Thomas, the Rams reached Super Bowl LIII where they lost 13-3 to the New England Patriots.
- "Rams close out draft by adding second receiver of Day 3 in Michael Thomas". Retrieved July 24, 2016.
- Simmons, Myles (April 30, 2016). "Rams Add Hemingway, Forrest, Thomas in 6th Round". TheRams.com. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "2016 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Alper, Josh (July 14, 2017). "Rams WR Mike Thomas suspended four games". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- "Rams Sign K Sam Ficken, Place WR Mike Thomas on IR". TheRams.com. September 17, 2018.