Mike Tannenbaum (born February 14, 1969 in New York City, New York) is a professional American football executive. He was the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for the Miami Dolphins. Prior to that, he served as the general manager for the New York Jets of the National Football League.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
New York JetsEdit
Tannenbaum was hired by the New York Jets on February 19, 1997 as the Director of Player Contract Negotiations. Over the years, Tannenbaum served in numerous administrative positions with the team including Senior Vice President of Football Operations and Assistant General Manager.
Tannenbaum signed a contract extension with the team through 2014; however, following the last game of the 2012 NFL regular season, Jets owner Woody Johnson announced that Tannenbaum would not return for the 2013 season.
Tannenbaum was hired by Priority Sports and Entertainment, where he oversaw the coaching, broadcasting and front-office for the New York branch. Some notable clients Tannenbaum represented were: Dan Quinn, Steve Kerr, Phil Savage, and Jack Arute. Tannenbaum resigned from Priority Sports in early 2015 to accept a position with the Miami Dolphins.
Tannenbaum was hired by the Dolphins to be the Executive Vice President of Football Operations, starting February 1, 2015 after acting as a consultant for the team during the 2014 NFL season. On 12-31-18 he was reassigned from his duties without a defined purpose
Tannenbaum graduated from Needham High School in Needham, Massachusetts in 1987. He received a degree in accounting and a minor in sports management from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He then graduated cum laude from Tulane University Law School where he earned his certificate in sports law.
- 1997 NFL Yearbook: New York Jets. CWC Sports, Inc. 1997. p. 14.
- Herman, H. (September 11, 2011). Tannenbaum recalls pittsfield past. The Berkshire Eagle, pp. n/a.
- Associated Press (February 7, 2006), "Jets to replace GM Bradway with Tannenbaum", ESPN.com, ESPN, archived from the original on November 6, 2010, retrieved November 5, 2010
- O'Connor, Ian (September 13, 2010), "Mike Tannenbaum goes for broke", ESPNNewYork.com, ESPN, archived from the original on November 6, 2010, retrieved November 5, 2010
- Cimini, Rich (July 31, 2010), "Jets' Ryan, Tannenbaum get extensions", ESPNNewYork.com, ESPN, archived from the original on November 6, 2010, retrieved November 5, 2010
- Rosenthal, Gregg. "Mike Tannenbaum out; Rex Ryan still Jets coach". NFL.com. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Patra, Kevin. "Mike Tannenbaum to join Miami front office". NFL.com. NFL. Retrieved January 12, 2015.