Mike Price (basketball)
Mike Price (born September 11, 1948) is a retired guard who played in the National Basketball Association. He was drafted in the first round of the 1970 NBA Draft by the New York Knicks out of the University of Illinois. Mike Price is the older brother of retired NBA player Jim Price.
|Born||September 11, 1948|
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Arsenal Technical|
|NBA draft||1970 / Round: 1 / Pick: 17th overall|
|Selected by the New York Knicks|
|Number||5, 15, 36|
|1970–1971||New York Knicks|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Price was the leading scorer of Aresnal's state runner-up team. Playing with his younger brother Jim Price, Mike Price helped lead Arsenal Technical High School to the State Finals in 1966. The Titans finished the season with a 25-4 record. He was named as a 1966 Indiana All-Star and earned All-Sectional and All-Regional honors.
Price played collegiately for The University of Illinois from 1967–1970.
As a junior in 1968-1869, Price averaged 12.4 points and 6.8 rebounds, as Illinois finished 19-5, with a final Associated Press ranking of 20.
Illinois finished 15-9 in Price's senior year. He averaged 15.0 points and 9.2 rebounds.
Overall, Price averaged 12.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in 70 career games for the Illini.
Price was the 1st Round draft pick (#17) on the New York Knicks in the 1970 NBA draft. A 6"3"left-handed guard, Price played for the Knicks (1970-1971), the Indiana Pacers of the American Basketball Association (1971) and the Philadelphia 76ers (1972-1973).
He averaged 3.2 points and 1.3 rebounds in his NBA/ABA 123 game professional career.
- Price received the George Huff Award for Proficiency in Scholarship and Athletics.
- Price was inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame in 2000.
- "Mike Price". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- "hall-of-fame/michael-price/" Check
|url=value (help). hall-of-fame.
- "1967-68 Illinois Fighting Illini Roster and Stats". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com.
- "1968-69 Illinois Fighting Illini Roster and Stats". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com.
- "1969-70 Illinois Fighting Illini Roster and Stats". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com.
- "Mike Price College Stats". College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com.
- "Mike Price 1971-72 Game Log". Basketball-Reference.com.
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|