Mike Harrison (footballer, born 1940)
Michael John Harrison (18 April 1940 – 27 January 2019) was an English professional footballer who played as a left winger. Harrison made over 250 appearances in the Football League for four clubs over a thirteen-year period.
|Full name||Michael John Harrison|
|Date of birth||18 April 1940|
|Place of birth||Ilford, England|
|Date of death||27 January 2019(aged 78)|
|Place of death||Spain|
|Playing position||Left winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Ilford, Harrison began his career with the youth team of Chelsea, appearing in the Final of the 1957–58 FA Youth Cup. He made his senior debut in 1957, at the age of 16. He made 61 league appearances for Chelsea, and also played for Blackburn Rovers, Plymouth Argyle and Luton Town, where he made 160, 15 and 31 appearances respectively, before dropping out to play non-league football with Dover Town.
Later life and deathEdit
After retiring from football, Harrison worked as an insurance salesman and for a medical company in the West Country.
- "Mike Harrison". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "MIKE HARRISON, 1940-2019". Chelsea F.C. 28 January 2019. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Mike Harrison at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database
- "Profile". Greens On Screen. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Roger Wash (29 January 2019). "MIKE HARRISON - 18/4/1940 – 27/1/2019". Luton Town F.C. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "Mike Harrison". Plymouth Argyle F.C. 29 January 2019. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- "Mike Harrison, 1940-2019". Blackburn Rovers F.C. 28 January 2019. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1940s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|