Miguel Ángel de Quevedo metro station
Metro Miguel Ángel de Quevedo is a station along Line 3 of the Mexico City Metro. It is located in Mexico City's southern Coyoacán borough, at the junction of Avenida Miguel Ángel de Quevedo and Avenida Universidad.
|STC rapid transit|
Station platforms in 2014
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||30 August 1983|
The station logo represents a tree. Its name comes from the nearby avenue, which was named in honor of Miguel Ángel de Quevedo, an engineer who founded the nearby Viveros de Coyoacán arboretum and nursery (parts of which are a publicly accessible park and a popular area for recreation). Apparently, this station was initially designed to have a third platform between the other two, but it was never made operational, the design was changed, and today it is used by workers and for access to an electrical substation. The station serves the Colonia Chimalistac, Santa Catarina, and Romero de Terreros districts. It was opened on 30 August 1983.
This station transfers to trolleybus Line "K1", which runs between Ciudad Universitaria, the main campus of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, and the San Lorenzo Tezonco campus of Universidad Autónoma de la Ciudad de México.
It also serves as a terminal for bus lines 41 and 66 which connect the station to several locations in the Contreras area.
- Northeast: Avenida Universidad and Miguel Ángel de Quevedo, Romero de Terreros
- Southwest: Avenida Universidad, Chimalistac
- West: Avenida Universidad, Chimalistac
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2018" (in Spanish). Sistema Transporte Colectivo Metro. 2019. Archived from the original on 6 June 2019. Retrieved 7 April 2020.
- "Miguel Ángel de Quevedo" (in Spanish). Sistema de Transporte Colectivo. Archived from the original on 8 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Miguel Ángel de Quevedo - Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert (ed.). "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Servicios.- Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos del D.F.: Línea: K1 LINEA K1 UNIVERSIDAD AUTÓNOMA DE LA CIUDAD DE MÉXICO - CIUDAD UNIVERSITARIA" (in Spanish). Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos. Archived from the original on 6 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miguel Ángel de Quevedo (station).|