Mighty Med is an American Disney XD original series created by Jim Bernstein and Andy Schwartz and produced by It's a Laugh Productions for Disney XD. It stars Jake Short, Bradley Steven Perry, Paris Berelc, Devan Leos, and Augie Isaac. The series aired for two seasons, premiering on October 7, 2013, and running through September 9, 2015.
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"You Never Know" performed by Adam Hicks|
|Ending theme||"You Never Know" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||44 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||It's a Laugh Productions|
|Original network||Disney XD|
|Original release||October 7, 2013 –|
September 9, 2015
|Followed by||Lab Rats: Elite Force|
While at a comic book store called The Domain which is located in Philadelphia, two boys named Kaz and Oliver find themselves in a superhero hospital called Mighty Med upon finding its secret entrance at the local hospital. They become doctors and youth observers at Mighty Med under the supervision of Horace Diaz, despite the fact that they are normos, a term given to ordinary humans. Kaz and Oliver would often work on various injured superheroes while having some misadventures along the way that would involve encounters with various supervillains.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||24||October 7, 2013||September 15, 2014|
|2||20||October 20, 2014||September 9, 2015|
The series originally premiered on October 7, 2013, on Disney XD and on October 12, 2013, on Disney Channel. It premiered on Disney XD (Canada) on November 2, 2013, on February 17, 2014, on Disney XD (Malaysia), and on February 27, 2014, on Disney XD (UK & Ireland). It premiered on March 7, 2014, on Disney Channel (Southeast Asia), and also on Disney XD (Europe, Middle East and Africa). It premiered on April 11, 2014, on Disney XD (Australia).
On September 3, 2015, it was announced that Mighty Med would end after its second season and would be followed by a spinoff series called Lab Rats: Elite Force that will also include two characters from Lab Rats. Jake Short, Bradley Steven Perry, and Paris Berelc were the only cast members that were announced as returning for the spinoff series. It was subsequently announced that Lab Rats: Elite Force would premiere on Disney XD on March 2, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 4, 2013). "Disney XD Orders Live-Action Superhero Comedy Series 'Mighty Med'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- "Disney XD Greenlights "Mighty Med," a Live-Action Comedy Series Inspired by the Extraordinary World of Super Heroes and Comic Books" (Press release). Disney XD. April 4, 2013. Retrieved June 10, 2017 – via The Futon Critic.
- "Disney XD's New Live-Action Comedy Series "Mighty Med" Starring Popular Disney Channel Stars Bradley Steven Perry and Jake Short Premieres Monday, October 7" (Press release). Disney XD. September 9, 2013. Retrieved June 10, 2017 – via The Futon Critic.
- "'Mighty Med' Renewed for Second Season by Disney XD" (Press release). Disney XD. May 22, 2014. Retrieved June 10, 2017 – via TV by the Numbers.
- "Mighty Med: The Mother of All Villains". Screener. Archived from the original on September 8, 2015. Retrieved August 13, 2015.
- "New series premiere on November 2 at 6:30pm et". youtube.com.
- Mighty Med - Disney Channel
- Disney XD HD UK New Adverts & Continuity 17 02 2014 - YouTube
- Mighty Med - Disney Channel
- Disney XD AUNZ [@DisneyXD_AU] (March 6, 2014). "Disney XD Australia premiere date" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 3, 2015). "Lab Rats & Mighty Med Spin-off Series to Succeed the Two Comedies on Disney XD". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- "Disney XD's New Spinoff Series "Lab Rats: Elite Force" Premieres Wednesday, March 2" (Press release). Disney XD. February 2, 2016. Retrieved February 2, 2016 – via The Futon Critic.