Miga Miga Avasaram
Miga Miga Avasaram (transl. Very, very urgent) is a 2019 Tamil language action drama film directed by Suresh Kamatchi, who previously produced Kangaroo. The film stars Sri Priyanka and Harish in the lead roles. The film is based on the gender inequality and harassment faced by female police officers.Sri Priyanka won Norway Tamil Film Festival Awards for Best Actress at Norway Tamil Film Festival Awards in 2020.
|Miga Miga Avasaram|
|Directed by||Suresh Kamatchi|
|Produced by||Suresh Kamatchi|
|Written by||K. P. Jagan|
|Music by||Ishaan Dev|
|Edited by||R. Sudharsan|
V House Productions
Grass Root Film Company
|Distributed by||Clap Board Production|
Samandhi (Sri Priyanka) is a female cop who has been assigned the task to be a bandobust to a VIP coming from a different country to visit a popular festival in Srirangam temple, Trichy. After waiting for a long time patiently, she desperately feels like answering the nature’s call, but her senior officer makes sure that she goes through hell of a time without allowing her the permission for the same, thanks to his grudge on her.
- Sri Priyanka as Samandhi
- Harish as Samandhi's lover
- Vazhakku En Muthuraman as Subharaj
- E. Ramdoss as Raj
- Linga as Samandhi's uncle
- Aandavan Kattalai Aravind as Thileepan
- Saravana Sakthi as Shankar
- V. K. Sundar as Sundar
- S. Vetri Kumaran
- Benjamin as Marimuthu
- Kung Fu Arumugam
- Kadhal Arun Kumar
- Seeman in a special appearance
Female police constable Samandhi is forced to stand on a bridge on a hot day at great length while her male superintendent refuses to give her leave to use the toilet. After struggling at length, she eventually wets her trousers in the rain and cries.
|Miga Miga Avasaram|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Ishaan Dev chronology|
|1.||"Pennirkor Theemai Seythom"||Cheran||Ishaan Dev||2:37|
The Times of India gave the film a 2 out of 5 stars stating that "The only takeaway is the decent performance by Sri Priyanka, who managed to convey the harrowing experience women face during such situations". The Deccan Chronicle gave the film two and a half out of five stars and wrote how "The writing could have been better and the length of the movie also plays spoilsport. Nevertheless, MMA is a well-intentioned film with a message. These small glitches can be overlooked".
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2020||Norway Tamil Film Festival||Best Actress||Sri Priyanka||Won|||
- "'Miga Miga Avasaram' to depict female police officers' ordeals". The New Indian Express.
- Anupama Subramian (1 February 2019). "Give more chances to Tamil girls, says Sri Priyanka". Deccan Chronicle.
- Nikhil Raghavan (1 October 2019). "A new police story". The Hindu.
- "11th NTFF 2020 – Winners list of Awardees – Tamilar Viruthu – Tamil Nadu". 15 January 2020. Retrieved 15 January 2020.[permanent dead link]
- Subramanian, Anupama (7 September 2017). "Cheran turns lyricist!". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Miga miga avasaram Chennai box office report".
- "Miga Miga Avasaram Movie Review : A bizzare story which is not executed well". Times of India. 11 October 2019.
- Subramanian, Anupama (11 November 2019). "Miga miga Avasaram review: Well-intentioned film with message". Deccan Chronicle.