Mid Kent (UK Parliament constituency)
|Former County constituency|
for the House of Commons
Mid Kent constituency in Kent, showing boundaries used from 1983-1997
|Number of members||One|
|Replaced by||Faversham & Mid Kent|
|Created from||Maidstone and Rochester & Chatham|
A previous two-member constituency called Mid Kent existed from 1868 to 1885.
The City of Rochester-upon-Medway wards of Holcombe, Horsted, Lordswood, Luton, Walderslade, Wayfield, and Weedswood, and the Borough of Maidstone wards of Bearsted, Boxley, Detling, East, Harrietsham and Lenham, Hollingbourne, North, and Thurnham.
The constituency was predominantly rural between the urban areas of Medway and Maidstone.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 1980sEdit
|Conservative win (new seat)|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Liberal Democrat||Graham Colley||11,476||19.3||−7.4|
|Natural Law||Gerard Valente||224||0.4||N/A|
Notes and referencesEdit
- "'Kent Mid', June 1983 up to May 1997". ElectionWeb Project. Cognitive Computing Limited. Archived from the original on 12 March 2016. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "K" (part 1)
- "Election Data 1983". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Election Data 1987". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Election Data 1992". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Politics Resources". Election 1992. Politics Resources. 9 April 1992. Retrieved 2010-12-06.