Mid Europa Partners
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Total assets||€2.2 billion|
Mid Europa Partners seeks to take controlling stakes in its investments either on its own or working alongside other financial or strategic partners. They typically invest €25 million to €200 million in companies with enterprise values ranging from €100 million to €1,500 million, which are cash-flow generative and have dominant market positions in sectors with high barriers to entry.
In June 2007, Mid Europa Partners (holding 65%) and France Telecom (35%) acquired the Austrian mobile phone network One for value of about €1.4 billion. The network was thereafter re-branded as Orange Austria. In February 2012, Orange Austria was then sold to Hutchison 3G, which merged the networks and ended use of the Orange brand.
In October 2008, Mid Europa Partners increased their shareholding in T-Mobile Czech Republic and Ceske Radiokommunikace. Other major investments by Mid Europa Partners include the acquisition of UPC Slovenia, LUX Med, comprehensive outpatient medical care and diagnostic services to corporate and individual subscribers; Centrum medyczne LIM, the third largest private healthcare provider in Poland; and DISA, provider of moulding and metal surface preparation equipment.
In October 2009, Mid Europa Partners bought Invitel, the Hungarian unit of TDC, Denmark's leading provider of land-line phone access. The controlling share was purchases for EUR€ 7.4 million. In addition to the 64.6% stake in Invitel Holdings AS, Mid Europa has also agreed to take on all rights and obligations of an existing € 34.1 million subordinated PIK loan, and submit a tender offer for a € 125 million loan due in 2013.
Mid Europa Partners was named the CEE Private Equity Firm of the Year in the Global Private Equity Awards 2006 and Global Private Equity Awards 2005 from PrivateEquityOnline.com and Private Equity International. The firm also received the award for "Best Private Equity House" in the Finance New Europe Achievement Awards in 2006. Mid Europa was awarded the Emerging Market Deal of the Year 2006 award for the purchase of Ceske Radiokommunikace and T-Mobile Czech Republic (Falcon Group).
- "Mid Europa Partners and France Telecom/Orange to acquire One GmbH, the third mobile operator in Austria". 21 June 2007. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Mid Europa Announces Agreement for The Sale of Orange Austria to Hutchison 3G Austria". 3 February 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Mid Europa Partners increases shareholding in T-Mobile Czech Republic and Ceske Radiokomunikace". Investment Intelligence s.r.o. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- "Overview of acquisitions by Mid Europa Partners". Investment Intelligence s.r.o. Archived from the original on 2009-08-27. Retrieved 2009-07-21.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-03-20.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)