Micromedia Publications is the publisher of seven weekly newspapers based in Monmouth/Ocean County, New Jersey. The newspapers cover Howell, Jackson, Toms River, Manchester, Brick, Berkeley Township, Lacey Township, Barnegat, Stafford Township and Long Beach Island. The newspapers are published every Saturday and are distributed through various distribution methods. All seven newspapers are a free press.
|Headquarters||15 Union Avenue |
Lakehurst, NJ 08733
In 1995, Stewart Swann and Robyn Weber founded the company by launching The Manchester Times. The company introduced The Berkeley Times (1996), The Lakewood Times (1998) (ceased publication in 2002), The Jackson Times (2000), The Brick Times (2002), The Howell Times (2004), The Toms River Times (2005) and The Lacey Barnegat Times (2010), now The Southern Ocean Times (2013).
The news editor is Chris Lundy. The Vice President and Chief Operating Officer is Jason Allentoff, formerly of Townsquare Media.
The newspapers cover Howell, Adelphia, Farmingdale, Ramtown, Jackson, Plumsted Township, New Egypt, Lakewood, Brick, Toms River, Island Heights, Lavallette, Manchester, Lakehurst, Whiting, Berkeley Township, Holiday City, Pine Beach, Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, Bayville, Lanoka Harbor, Lacey Township, Forked River, Waretown, Ocean Township, Barnegat, Stafford Township, Manahawkin, Ocean Acres, Beach Haven West, Eagleswood and Long Beach Island.
All seven of Micromedia's newspapers are distributed free in Monmouth/Ocean County, New Jersey. In addition to the print editions, Micromedia newspapers can be found online through the issuu service.
Jersey Shore OnlineEdit
On June 30th, 2017, Micromedia launched a news site at JerseyShoreOnline.com
On Micromedia's 20th anniversary, Ocean County Freeholders Gerry P. Little and Joseph H. Vicari presented the owners and staff with a proclamation marking the occasion. Senator Christopher J. Connors was on hand for the ceremony. Towns including Toms River and Berkeley Township also marked the event with special mentions at their respective council meetings.
- "Ocean County Information". Ocean County Information. October 1, 2014. Archived from the original on March 22, 2016.
- "New Jersey Newspapers". USNPL. April 18, 2009.
- "News Media Servicing the Ocean County area". Ocean County Government Directory. September 3, 2012.
- "About Micromedia Publications". About Micromedia Publications. October 1, 2014.
- "Southern Ocean Chamber of Commerce". Southern Ocean Chamber of Commerce. February 8, 2015.
- "New Jersey Newspapers". onlinenewspapers.com. April 1, 2015.
- "Jackson Chamber of Commerce Member Directory". Jackson Township Chamber of Commerce. April 1, 2016.
- "Toms River News". Toms River Online. June 1, 2015.
- "Bayville NJ Community Listings". Bayville NJ Online. June 1, 2015.
- "Brick NJ News". Brick Township Online. June 1, 2015.
- "Jason Allentoff And Townsquare Media Part Ways". All Access News. March 10, 2014.
- "OCVTS". OCVTS. April 18, 2013.
- "Micromedia To Provide Radio Newscasts On WBNJ-FM". Micromedia Publications Press Release. June 1, 2015.