Mickey and the Roadster Racers
Mickey and the Roadster Racers (also known as Mickey Mouse: Roadster Racers and Mickey Mouse: Mixed-Up Adventures in the third season) is an American computer-animated children's television series produced by Disney Television Animation. It is the second spin-off of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the first being Minnie's Bow-Toons. The series debuted on Disney Junior in the United States on January 15, 2017.
|Mickey and the Roadster Racers|
|Also known as||Mickey Mouse: Mixed-Up Adventures (Season 3)|
Sports (Auto racing)
|Created by||Bobs Gannaway|
|Based on||Mickey Mouse|
by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
by Bobs Gannaway
|Theme music composer||Beau Black|
|Opening theme||"Mickey and the Roadster Racers" Main Title Theme|
by Beau Black (season 1 & 2)
"Mix it Up!"
by Beau Black (season 3)
|Ending theme||"Roadster Racers Go!"|
by Beau Black
by Beau Black (in some episodes)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||51 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Rob LaDuca|
|Editor(s)||Thomas Hart (Story Editor)|
Mark Seidenberg (Supervising Story Editor)
|Running time||approx. 21–22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Disney Television Animation[a]|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Junior|
|Picture format||HD: 720p|
|Original release||January 15, 2017 –|
|Related shows||Mickey Mouse Clubhouse|
The series was renewed for a second season on March 15, 2017, which premiered on April 13, 2018. A third season was renewed one year after. The series was renamed as Mickey Mouse: Mixed-Up Adventures and aired on October 14, 2019.
Mickey and the Roadster Racers is about the Sensational Six (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Pluto) as they race around their town of Hot Dog Hills and around the world. (Pluto does not race in any way.) Unlike the previous series, this show contains two 11-minute stories as opposed to a full-length 22-minute story. In the first half, Billy Beagle announces Mickey and his friends' races whether the race is in Hot Dog Hills or anywhere around the world.
In the second half, Minnie and Daisy work as the Happy Helpers alongside Cuckoo-Loca (from Minnie's Bow-Toons) where they help out different residents of Hot Dog Hills. Minnie and Daisy use the Turnstyler located in the office and the Happy Helper Van to assume the clothes associated with their jobs that they are hired to help out on.
In Season 2, the Roadster Racers get their roadsters modified by Ludwig Von Drake so that they can perform Supercharged moves.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||52||26||January 15, 2017||March 23, 2018|
|2||50||25||April 13, 2018||August 2, 2019|
|3||TBA||October 14, 2019||TBA|
- Mickey Mouse (voiced by Bret Iwan) – The leader of the Roadster Racers and owner of Mickey's garage. He drives the Hot Doggin' Hot Rod which turns into Mickey's car.
- Minnie Mouse (voiced by Russi Taylor) – She drives Pink Thunder. She also works as a Happy Helper.
- Goofy (voiced by Bill Farmer) – He drives the Turbo Tubster which turns into his car. Goofy also owns the Hot Diggity hot dog trailer that is frequented by Pete.
- Donald Duck (voiced by Daniel Ross) – He drives the Cabin Cruiser which turns into Donald's car.
- Daisy Duck (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – One of the Happy Helpers. She drives Snapdragon.
- Pluto (vocal effects provided by Bill Farmer) – Mickey's pet dog. He can not race.
- Cuckoo-Loca (voiced by Nika Futterman) – A wind-up cuckoo who lives in Minnie's cuckoo clock and tags along with the Happy Helpers. A running gag is that she tends to make sarcastic remarks towards the Happy Helpers jingle.
- Chip and Dale (voiced by Tress MacNeille and Corey Burton respectively) – Two chipmunks who are mechanics for the racers.
- Pete (voiced by Jim Cummings) – Hot Dog Hills' resident tow truck driver and owner of Pete's Junkyard. He drives the Super Crusher when he gets involved in races. In addition to having some relatives that get involved, Pete appears in various alter egos throughout the series.
- Clarabelle Cow (voiced by April Winchell) – A cow who owns her own baking business in Hot Dog Hills and is often seen operating the racing flags. She has also been seen hosting several international events on the show.
- Clara Cluck (vocal effects provided by Russi Taylor) – A farmer and resident of Hot Dog Hills who mostly speaks chicken language.
- Horace Horsecollar (voiced by Bill Farmer) – In addition to being a resident of Hot Dog Hills, Horace appears in various alter egos throughout the series.
- Ludwig Von Drake (voiced by Corey Burton) – Hot Dog Hills' residential inventor who has a laboratory beneath Mickey's garage. In "Grandpa Beagle's Day Out," it is revealed that Ludwig Von Drake also operates as a bicycle mechanic under the alias of Doc Sprockets.
- Hilda (voiced by April Winchell) – A hippopotamus who engages in any sport.
- Figaro (vocal effects provided by Frank Welker) – Minnie's pet tuxedo cat.
- Butch (vocal effects provided by Frank Welker) – Pete's pet bulldog and Pluto's rival.
- Millie and Melody Mouse (voiced by Avalon Robbins and Grace Kaufman respectively) – Minnie's nieces.
- Billy Beagle (voiced by Jay Leno) – The announcer and sports commentator of the races and other events. He is also shown to have a collection of roadsters and is also the host of "Billy Beagle's Tip Top Garage."
- Commander Heist (voiced by Steve Valentine) – An infamous British international master criminal who is the main antagonist of the series.
- Lazlo (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) – Commander Heist's pet cat.
- Robbie Roberts (voiced by Tim Gunn) - A critic and fashion designer who also appears as a judge and is very harsh to the crowd.
Hot Dog Hills residentsEdit
- Mayor McBeagle (voiced by Bill Farmer) – The Mayor of Hot Dog Hills.
- Mr. Bigby (voiced by Bill Farmer) – A rich pig who is the owner of the Bigby Bank & Trust.
- Susie Beagleman (voiced by Natalie Coughlin) – A little beagle girl that the Happy Helpers tend to help out on occasion.
- Mrs. Beagleman (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – Susie's mother.
- Clifford and Cleo Cluck (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) – Clara Cluck's chicks who mostly speak chicken language.
- Elray Thunderboom (voiced by Evan Kishiyama) – An elephant.
- Mrs. Thunderboom (voiced by Nika Futterman) – The mother of Elray Thunderboom.
- Bitsy Beagleberg (voiced by Mckenna Grace) – A young beagle girl.
- Maynard McSnorter (voiced by Patton Oswalt) – A pig who is the head of Hot Dog Hills' condiment factory.
- Mrs. McSnorter (voiced by Russi Taylor) – A pig who is the wife of Maynard McSnorter.
- Pearl McSnorter (voiced by Stella Edwards) – A pig who is the sister of Puck McSnorter.
- Puck McSnorter (voiced by August Maturo) – A pig who is the brother of Pearl McSnorter.
- Jinx (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) – A white kitten that wears a bow and causes trouble wherever she goes and always has a red bouncy ball, hence her name.
- Mr. Doozy (voiced by Fred Willard) – The manager of the Snoozy Doozy Bed and Breakfast who also works as it's bellhop, cook, and repairman.
- Grandpa Beagle (voiced by Héctor Elizondo) – The grandfather of Billy Beagle who is into extreme sports much to Billy's dismay.
- Jimbo (voiced by Fred Stoller) - Pete's nephew who only appeared in 1 episode.
Characters in international locationsEdit
The following characters reside in international locations that Team Mickey visits for their events:
- Auntie Olina (voiced by Tia Carrere) – A friend of Team Mickey who resides in Hawaii.
- Leilani (voiced by Megan Richie) – The niece of Olina.
- Grandpa Kai (voiced by Jim Cummings) – The father of Olina and grandfather of Leilani. In "Grandpa vs. Grandpa," it is revealed that he had a rivalry with Grandpa Beagle.
- Chef Pierre la Pierre (voiced by Jon Curry) – A chef in Paris, France who is good friends with Mickey.
- Cuckoo Lala (voiced by Nika Futterman) – A fashion designer in Paris, France who is Cuckoo-Loca's cousin.
- Queen Elizabeth II (voiced by Jane Leeves) – In this show, Queen Elizabeth is depicted as a mouse.
- Dr. Waddleton Crutchley (voiced by Peter Serafinowicz in "Tea Time Trouble!", Stephen Fry in "Shenannygans!") – A resident of London who teaches people how to act like gentlemen.
Mickey and the Roadster Racers debuted on Disney Junior in the United States on January 15, 2017. The series also aired on Disney Junior in Canada on January 24, Disney Junior in Australia on March 17, Disney Junior in Asia on March 24, Disney Junior in the UK and Ireland on April 19, Disney Junior in South Africa on April 22 and Disney Channel in India on May 15.
The first few episodes of Mickey and the Roadster Racers were released on DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc on March 7, 2017. Minnie's Happy Helpers was released on July 25, 2017, with the release themed around the Minnie and Daisy subplots. ‘’Minnie Bow Be Mine’’ was released on February 5, 2019.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Award||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result||References|
|2018||Annie Award||Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production for Preschool Children||Mickey and the Roadster Racers||Nominated|||
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Sound Editing in an Preschool Animated Program||Brad Meyer, Kate Finan and James Singleton||Nominated|||
- Lincoln, Ross A. (December 1, 2016). "Disney Junior Sets January Launch For 'Mickey and the Roadster Racers'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- Disney Junior Canada (January 4, 2017). "Mickey and the Roadster Racers Happy Helpers Song". Retrieved January 20, 2017 – via YouTube.
- DisneyJuniorUK (December 9, 2016). "Mickey and the Roadster Racers Teaser Trailer! Disney Junior UK". Retrieved December 29, 2016 – via YouTube.
- Disney Channel Africa (March 11, 2017). "Mickey and the Roadster Racers – Theme Song | Official Disney Junior Africa". Retrieved March 21, 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Mickey and the Roadster Racers | New Show on Disney Channel". Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Bring Home this Fast Paced Fun of Mickey and the Roadster Racers on Disney DVD". Chip and Co. December 17, 2016. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- "Mickey and the Roadster Racers: Minnie's Happy Helpers". Amazon.com. May 18, 2017. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- Animation outsourced to Technicolor Animation Productions and DQ Entertainment