|Born||November 26, 1969|
|Education||Johnson & Wales University|
|Cooking style||New England-style seafood|
Ragussis appeared as a contestant on Chopped in 2010 but was eliminated after the entrée round. She did win an episode of 24 Hour Restaurant Battle in 2011 with her partner Davina Thomasula, but their potential restaurant, Avery Point, never came to fruition. At the time of this appearance, Ragussis and Thomasula owned Stuft Catering in Brooklyn, New York.
Food Network StarEdit
In 2012, Ragussis became a contestant in the eighth season of the Food Network series Food Network Star. She eventually became one of the final four contestants, and she filmed a pilot for a potential series called My New England. She eventually lost the competition to Justin Warner.
In March 2016, it was announced that Ragussis would appear on the Food Network Star spin-off series Comeback Kitchen, which gives eliminated contestants a chance to re-enter the competition for season 12. Comeback Kitchen premiered on May 8, 2016 but the premiere episode became available on demand in April 2016. She was eliminated from the competition on May 22.
Ragussis was born to an Italian/Greek family in Derby, Connecticut but moved to Bristol, Rhode Island to attend college. Although she has been reported to have been born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, she did not move to Brooklyn until after she completed college. Ragussis has two sisters and at one time lived in Rockland, Maine.
- Michele Ragussis. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Why New England - Chef on a Pier. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- Lesbian.com : Connecting lesbians worldwide | Exclusive: Going down in the kitchen with chef Michele Ragussis. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- Michele Ragussis, Food Network Star Season 8 Finalist. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Food Network’s Michelle [sic] Ragussis brings energy to The Pearl Restaurant in Rockland — Living — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Food Network Star to take chef position in Rockland – Culture Shock - BDN Maine Blogs. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Chopped All-Stars Gets a Winner; 24 Hour Restaurant Battle Names New Contestants -- Grub Street New York. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- Michele Ragussis | Harvest on the Harbor | Portland, Maine Archived 2012-09-02 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- SheWired - Vote For Out Chef Michelle [sic] Ragussis' 'My New England' Pilot to Win 'The Next Food Network Star'. Retrieved September 24, 2012.
- Russo, Maria (March 31, 2016). "Food Network Star, Season 12 | Star Blog". Food Network. Scripps Networks Interactive. Retrieved April 24, 2016.
- "Time Warner Cable | On Demand". Time Warner Cable. Retrieved April 24, 2016.
- About Me - Chef on a Pier. Retrieved September 23, 2012.