Michael Pangilinan is a Filipino singer-songwriter, actor, and model known for coming in second place in the second season of Your Face Sounds Familiar. He is also known for being a part of the band Harana.
|Born||November 26, 1995|
Pulilan, Bulacan, Philippines
|Occupation(s)||Singer, actor, model|
Michael Pangilinan is a native of Pulilan, Bulacan, he is the second of the three children of Tony and Precy Pangilinan who were car dealers whose passion for music has been part of their hobby.
Pangilinan first appeared on the franchise talent-search of ABS-CBN "X-Factor Philippines" year 2011, and has been a part of the Top 20 and was eliminated during the "Judges House". He then has numerous appearance on the late night show of GMA 7, "Walang Tulugan". In 2014, he got his first break in showbiz when he interpreted a Himig Handog PPop Love Songs entry by Joven Tan entitled "Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako" that immediately trended because it somewhat tackles the LGBT community with its theme. He was part of the impersonating competition called "Your Face Sounds Familiar" 2nd season where he finished 1st-runner up to winner Denise Laurel. He also sang some of the theme songs of ABS-CBN's teleseryes and Star Cinema's movies. He was part of the singing group, "Harana" together with Marlo Mortel, Bryan Santos and Joseph Marco. He has two recorded albums under Star Music, namely "Michael Panglinan" and "Michael". Since 2018, he has been part of the all-male vocal trio "BuDaKhel" along with Bugoy Drilon and Daryl Ong.
In 2015, it was announced that an ex-girlfriend Erin Ocampo was pregnant with his child and he pledged his support, saying that the two of them were still friends.
Besides singing, He can play the guitar without taking up formal lessons because his parents are into music. His R&B vocal style was influenced by musicians including Luke Mejares and Duncan Ramos.
- 2014: "Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako" (Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2014 (Song-writing contest))
- 2015: "It Might Be You" (Everyday I Love You OST)
- 2015: "Pusong Ligaw" (Bridges of Love OST)
- 2016: "Hanggang Kailan" (Michael Official Debut Album's Carrier Single)
- 2016: "Your Love (Tuo Amore)" (Dolce Amore OST)
2020 Hanggang kailan (I Have a lover OST)
- 2014: Harana
- 2014: Michael Pangilinan (EP)
- 2016: Michael
|Year||Title||Role||Type of Role||Network|
|2010–2015||Walang Tulugan with the Master Showman||Himself||Performer||GMA Network|
|2011||Maynila: Young Love in Trouble||Rommel||Cast|
|2012||Maynila: My Heart's Keeper||Daniel||Cast|
|2012||The X Factor Philippines||Himself||Auditionee||ABS-CBN|
|2014–2015||Luv U||Himself||Cameo Role|
|2015||Your Face Sounds Familiar 2||Himself||Contestant|
|2016||Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako||Red||Viva Films|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Award Critics/ Body||Award Title||Nominated Work||Result|
|2012||PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best New Male TV Personality||Walang Tulugan with Master Showman||Nominated|
|2015||Awit Awards||Best Performance by a New Male Recording Artist||Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako||Nominated|
|2017||Wish 107.5 Music Awards||Male Artist of the Year||N/A||Nominated|
|Song of the Year||Hanggang Kailan||Nominated|
|PMPC Star Awards for Movies||New Movie Actor of the Year||Pare, Mahal Mo Raw Ako||Nominated|
|MOR Pinoy Music Awards||Male Artist of the Year||Michael (Album)||Won|
|2018||Wish 107.5 Music Awards||Wishclusive R&B Performance of the Year||Tayo Na Lang (Beneficiary: Save The Children)||Won|
- Umerez, Remy (March 16, 2013). "Life after a reality search". The Philippine Star. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- "Michael Pangilinan's Guesting on Aquino & Abunda Tonight Trends on Twitter (Video)". Entertainment. Philippine News. September 19, 2014. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- "Your Face Sounds Familiar – PERFORMERS". PERFORMERS. ABS-CBN. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- "Teen singer Michael Pangilinan is going to be dad". ABS-CBN News – Entertainment (in English and Filipino). Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- "Garie doesn't mind BF Michael Pangilinan is already a dad". ABS-CBN News. August 10, 2016. Retrieved December 25, 2018.
- Maridol Rañoa-Bismark. "Michael Pangilinan hooked on R&B". The Philippine Star. Retrieved January 24, 2019.
- Serato, Arniel (August 27, 2012). "Aspiring singer Michael Pangilinan no longer irked by his elimination from The X Factor Philippines". PEP.PH (in English and Filipino). Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Cinema), ABS-CBN Film Productions Inc. (Star. "Everyday I Love You | Star Cinema". ABS-CBN Film Productions Inc. (Star Cinema). Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "- Main". entertainment.abs-cbn.com. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "Full List: 3rd Wish 107.5 Music Awards Winners". Wish 107.5. Retrieved January 14, 2019.