|Born||17 August 1977|
Michael Pärt was born as a younger son of classical composer Arvo Pärt and his wife Nora. The family had to leave the Estonian SSR and the Soviet Union on political reasons in 1980. Michael Pärt spent his childhood and youth in Austria, Germany, and the United Kingdom before returning to Estonia in 2008.
He has worked together with several notable people of music and film, including Icelandic singer Björk, composers Danny Elfman, Alexandre Desplat, and Howard Shore, and film directors Peter Jackson, Francis Ford Coppola, and Tom Hooper.
Arvo Pärt CentreEdit
- "Board". Arvo Pärt Centre. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "Michael Pärt Musik". Telliskivi Creative City. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "Biography". Arvo Pärt Centre. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "Michael Pärt". Arvo Pärt Centre. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 December 2008. Retrieved 25 May 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 May 2008. Retrieved 28 April 2008.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Michael Pärt takes care of the film's soul". Estonian World. 12 March 2015. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- Michael Pärt at IMDb
- "Arcade Fire". pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "Arvo Pärdi poeg rajab Laulasmaale kuulsa isa arhiivi". Postimees. 17 October 2009. Retrieved 2 February 2019.