Michael Lynch (arts administrator)
|CEO of the WKCDA|
|Appointed by||Henry Tang (Chairman of the WKCDA)|
|Born||1950 (age 68–69)|
|Portfolio||CEO of the Southbank Centre|
CEO of the Sydney Opera House
GM of the Australia Council
GM of the Sydney Theatre Company
Lynch was General Manager of the Sydney Theatre Company 1989-94. He was then General Manager of the Australia Council, the Federal Government's arts funding and advisory body, 1994-98. In 1998 he became director of the Sydney Opera House, and from 2002 to 2009 he was chief executive of the South Bank Centre in London.
Lynch was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the Queen's Birthday Honours List of 2001 for services to arts administration (principally as General Manager of the Australia Council) and in 2008 he was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the Birthday Honours. In the Queen's Birthday Honours List of 2017, Lynch was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 December 2010. Retrieved 2 January 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Our Board - Film Victoria". Film.vic.gov.au. 26 May 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "West Kowloon Cultural District". Wkcda.hk. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "It's an Honour - Honours - Search Australian Honours". Itsanhonour.gov.au. 11 June 2001. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "No. 58729". The London Gazette (Supplement). 14 June 2008. p. 7.
- "Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia" (PDF). www.gg.gov.au. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
|This Australian biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|